[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason to learn heavy back-end languages like PHP,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Is there any reason to learn heavy back-end languages like PHP, Ruby on Rails, and Django anymore?

NodeJs, Angular, Express, and Meteor is taking the place of these languages and are dominating the industry in terms of job growth and adoption.
>>
>>55479542
Django is fun to use tbqh fampai. We use it at work, and I've never had more fun working
>>
Meteor and Node is the fucking future no doubt
>>
>>55479542
just learn all of them. its not hard. they are all similar
>>
>>55479635
>[hipster language] is the future
hahahahahaha
>>
>>55479583
autism
>>
>>55479779
event looping is superior in a lot of circumstances to thread creation
>>
>>55479542

>back-end languages like PHP, Ruby on Rails, and Django

Heh.
>>
>>55479922
no you don't get it a server written in node.js is totally different
>>
>>55479542
You're confused OP

The languages are PHP, Ruby, Python, JS

The frameworks are Laravel/Symphony, Ruby on Rails, Django/Flask(which is shittier than Django), express.js(which uses node.js runtme)
>>
>>55479542
Yes. If you know multiple paradigms you become a better developer. It teaches the various trade offs of each technology and provides insight into the pretty broad problem of web development.

Also throwing Node, Angular, Express and Meteor all in the same basket against PHP, RoR, and Django doesn't really make sense.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.