[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you approve of the move to flat UI design schemes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: WEB 2.0 vs 3.0.png (180 KB, 760x310) Image search: [Google]
WEB 2.0 vs 3.0.png
180 KB, 760x310
Do you approve of the move to flat UI design schemes?
>>
>>55479022
Yes
>>
>>55479022
No because it looks like something from 1990, just with less pink
>>
>>55479022
Yes, it looks cleaner and more pleasing to my eyes. But I do kinda miss the old glossy/transparent trash.
>>
File: os211cpl.png (5 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
os211cpl.png
5 KB, 640x480
flat UI schemes are a totally thing
>>
>>55479164
>round buttons
>more than 2 colours
fuck off
>>
>>55479157

Not for me. Flat UI can get boring. I miss that glossy UI.
>>
File: gem11about.png (3 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
gem11about.png
3 KB, 640x350
>>55479182
>>
>>55479022

It doesn't matter too much to me what the icons look like.

What matters to me is how they're places, and how they allow me to access information relevant to what I'm doing.
>>
Simple is always better.
>>
>>55479202
>round image on the left
ew
>>
>go to newspaper website
>hamburger menu, flat icons
>40px text
>article split into 10 pages
>during reading random message with "home page was updated, visit now?" pops up to annoy you
>when you look at another tab the page displays an ad for their newsletter and that "you have not been active on this page for 5 minutes, want to go back to the article or our main age now?"
wtf
>>
File: visionmain2.gif (5 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
visionmain2.gif
5 KB, 640x400
>>55479264
>>
I'm a fan. Flat design looks great when done correctly. Microsoft's done very well creating examples of what not to do.
>>
File: 1-SkeuomorphicFlatMaterial.jpg (52 KB, 800x428) Image search: [Google]
1-SkeuomorphicFlatMaterial.jpg
52 KB, 800x428
>>55479022
I find it way more attractive than the old glossy, skeumorphic design philosophy. When done right, flat UI can give you really good clarity and aesthetics.
>>
I associate glossy, rounded logos with cheapness. I like the flat UI.
>>
>>55479022
It needs shadows to highlight interactive elements. Otherwise I welcome it. I'm still waiting when will we move from icons to text labels.
>>
mostly
>>
>>55479690
Flat is based, material is garbage, skeumorphic looks like shit and does not age well at all
>>
>>55479690
desu, material aesthetically is god tier but I feel like google doesn't even know how to handle it
conceptually it makes a LOT of sense, we're naturally inclined to materials, things make more sense as material stacks... but that calculator app takes it in the wrong direction, as with a lot of other material designed apps by google
>>
>>55479310
cancer
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.