[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mounting TV wide studs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I want to hang a swivel mount about my fireplace so I can see the TV from my desk here, but the studs are about 40" apart with plaster in between. How can I make this happen?
>>
Could i just nail a 2x4 on there and mount it on that? I've read somewhere plywood would work, but would that be able to hold a 55"
>>
>>55478945
You an anchor in the chimney, but studs should really be a maximum of 24" OC.

2x4's between studs as an anchor point may work, depending on weight.
>>
what kind of shitty place do you live in?

it depends on the weight of the tv, it might be as simple as a 24" by 42" piece of 3/4" plywood with 2 2" by 24" 3/4" plywood spacers where the studs are
then putting large washers and bolts on the underside and putting more washers and nuts on the outside to mount the mount to

that could hold a fair bit of weight but after about 30-40 pounds you're going to want to make something way beefier
>>
>>55479021
yeah i dont understand it's like there's studs on either side, about where the lamps are, but nothing in the middle.
>>
Looks like there's a stud towards the top, close to the ceiling, but that's just so high to mount a TV. best i can do i guess though without the wood option.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.