[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lumia 550
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: Lumia_550.jpg (68 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Lumia_550.jpg
68 KB, 750x750
I bought this and I'm starting to regret it, is there anything cool I can do with this phone?
>>
Put it in your ass and then call it. Make sure you turn up vibration first.
>>
>>55478891
thanks dude. i meant a jailbreak or something
>>
>>55478861
you can browse the store to see what's missing KEK!
>>
>>55478861
You're an idiot
>>
wait for the Anniversary Update (Redstone)
>>
No, there isn't.
>>
>>55478861
As a windows phone user for over 3 years...no, there isn't.
>>
>>55478861
Why did you buy this phone?
>>
>>55478861
you can replace the battery and expand the storage applel and samcucks btfo
>>
>>55479175
>Was $60.
>Dad walks into the f**cking Micro$oft Store in the mall.
Guess.
>>
>>55481243
>oh no muh apps
18+ kiddo
>>
>>55478861
I actually want to get one as a backup phone and or hotspot device.
>>
>>55478861
How Windows phones still exist? I've never met someone who owns one.
>>
Holy shit, just fucking end yourself you massive retard. You've literally bought a phone with the most unusable mobile operating system on earth.
>>
>>55478861
>is there anything cool I can do with this phone?
is there anything cool you can do on an android or iphone?

I don't think so.
>>
>>55481218
Samsung is like one of the few companies that still hold that standard with excpetion to the newest phone
>>
Back up phone or use it like i do.
Download navigation maps with offline maps (Here is still available i think, its the best for offline shit) and use it as your GPS, music player and else.
Just watch out for them RESUMING... shits
>>
>>55481578
yup
>>
>>55481358
If you don't need apps, then you don't need a smartphone at all.
>>
>>55479068
just why? why would you use a windows phone for 3 years? are you a special kind of masochist? just
>>
Longtime Windows Phone user here, and no, there's nothing "cool" to do with it. WP's are not toys, they're made to be boring, stable, and just work.
>>
>>55478861
it's a phone, got those for my tech illiterate family and friends. They are really happy with them because they can do some stuff like messaging whatsapp/facebook and but also it's a good phone. Battery lasts a lot too and it isn't laggy and shit like low end samshit and others.
>>
>>55478861
640 fag here. At least it has pandora.
>>
>>55479018
just grabbed the latest Insider Fast build for my 550, the performance increase alone was worth it.
>>
Long-ish time WP user here.

I see people still get baited into it.
Atleast back when WP8 came out we still had hope.
>>
Well, considering you already are on insider fast, there is nothing more you can do. It is basic phone for basic users with nice screen. Just use it as any other normy outside /g/
>>
>>55485703
>it isn't laggy

This isn't true, any WP user will have seen a "resuming" screen just hang for ages. And IE crash on websites it doesn't like.
>>
Boil it, mash it, stick it in a stew.
>>
>>55489118
>still get baited into it.

There really is no other way to describe it people, usually poor people are tricked into buying these phones.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (80 KB, 574x900) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
80 KB, 574x900
>>55478861
Download the HP Prime app and turn it into a graphing calculator
>>
>>55489118
I keep hearing this. How many steps back did they take with Win 10?
>>
>>55489118
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>55478861
That's a great phone for €90.
>>
Turn it into a kick ass paper weight.
>>
>>55483338
What is browsing the web?
> inb4 use the 1inch 320x320 screen
>>
File: 1452377898449.jpg (45 KB, 728x728) Image search: [Google]
1452377898449.jpg
45 KB, 728x728
>>55489118
>I started with Samshit Omnia 7
>promised update to WP 8
>only got WP 7.8
>got Lumia 1320
>update to WP 8
>promised WM 10 never came
>switch to iPhone SE
>it just werks
>cool aps
>be happy
>fuck Windows phone
>>
>>55485462
>just work
It really doesn't just work though does it. My Lumia 930 always struggled with the basics like get messages from Whatsapp and telegram, without having to open the app to check for them everytime.
I did like the hardware but the OS is ass.
>>
burn it
>>
>>55478861
What's wrong with it anon?
>>
>>55491853
Nothing, it's just a boring OS. It's like a cross between iOS and Android, with the best UI out of both of them by far, even in user designed apps. I still prefer my podcasting and uhh 4chan app to the ones I have to use on Android now. Battery life was far better too. Only real app I'm missing is Snapchat when I'm on Windows Phone. And flavor of the month apps like Pokemon Go, we don't get those, and give us your money startup apps either.

If I didn't save $10-15/month on my cellphone contract, I would still be using my Windows Phone. Sometimes I still do. Cortana is just as good, and works with Windows 10 well too.
>>
>>55492234
Oh the SSH apps suck donkey dick too. But, they somewhat work. DESU, there isn't an SSH app for UWP that works well either, else I'd be using that.

Once more devs realize the can hit the entirety of Xbox, Win10 PC, and Win10 mobile with their shitty apps, there might be more edgecase apps made, as well as flavor of the month ones.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.