[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gsync and Freesync requiring specific monitors is awful. Fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Gsync and Freesync requiring specific monitors is awful. Fuck everything about getting locked into either one of the GPU brands unless you want to keep switching monitors. The technology is so fucking good though, it's really hard to go without it.
>>
Both suck anyway. Get a 1440p 144hz freesync monitor, turn the freesync off. Playing games at 100fps and above already provides any of the benefits of a freesync/gsync monitor.
>>
If you get consistent 60FPS why do you want g-sync/freesync? just use vsync for tear free gameplay with triple buffering for good frame pacing and maximun pre-rendered frames/flip queue set to 1 for no input lag.
>>
>>55478810
Blame the Nvidia jew for trying to force their own bullshit technology instead of embracing the open standard.
>>
>>55478993
they will never embrace anything free its against their philosophy
>>
>>55478845
>they both suck anyway
this is subjective nonsense. i love my freesync monitor. i suspect gsync to be equally awesome.

>get a freesync monitor and turn it off because high refresh rate fixes the problem anyway
this is objectively incorrect. screen tearing can and likely will occur even with very high fps/hz. i have a 144hz monitor in addition to my freesync monitor and screen tearing does still occur and is still noticeably uncomfortable.

this poster can not be taken seriously.
>>
why arent there monitors that do both? does nvidia have clause with manufacturers that they can only use goy-sync if they exclude freesync?
>>
>>55479304
they are "premium" thats why you will never see g sync on lower tier monitors
and thats why they already lost that battle...there are like 1 gsync for 6 freesync monitors..
>>
>>55479304
Yes. Part of the agreement for including the G-Sync module is that the monitor won't support FreeSync. There's actually zero reason why G-Sync couldn't do FreeSync, other than licensing bullshit.

>>55479325
The reason you'll never see G-Sync on low end monitors is simply due to the immense cost of implementing Nvidia's proprietary module. You can get an entire FreeSync monitor for the price it costs just to include it.
>>
>>55478810
All it requires is a monitor with either DP1.3 and the correct firmware, or a newer monitor which has DP1.4 - as Adaptive Vsync (Freesync) is an industry standard in 1.4
>>
>>55478845
>144hz
Say goodbye to color quality.
>>
>>55479446
There are plenty of high refresh rate IPS panels available now. I'd like an Asus PG279Q that's 165Hz IPS panel with GoySync, but it costs more than my entire system.
>>
>>55479353
has anyone tried to hack gsync monitor to support freesync as well? considering manufacturers offer the exact same monitor in both gsync and freesync variants you'd think there's a possibility the freesync just being disabled in the other.
>>
File: picardamused.gif (293 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
picardamused.gif
293 KB, 200x200
>he fell for the GSYNC/FreeSYNC meme

enjoy your 140fps latency lag while I game on 400fps on CSGO average.

yes you can tell the difference in smoothness between 140 fps and 300 fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjWSRTYV8e0
>>
>>55479582
obviously because we all know your 60 hz monitor can surely render more than 60 frames right?
surely because it says over 9000 fps you can see the difference
lel
>>
>>55479397
This is why Nvidia only includes DP1.3 on their new cards crippling HTC Vive support
>>
>>55479763

60hz is fine more fps helps by updating the latest frame its what counts.
>>
I would have bought a 1070 if it worked with my Freesync monitors. I'm sure that's a pretty common sentiment also since AMD can't seem to put out a strong 1440/144 card this year.
>>
>>55479582
>CSGO
Post disregarded. All you 144hz fags are the same, thinking the world revolves around your tryhard e-sports shit that's designed to run on 3rd world toasters but you somehow convinced yourself spending $500+ on a display for it was somehow worth it.
>>
>>55478972
>60fps
Jesus christ, must look like shit.
>>
>>55479446
>gaming
>high refresh rate not more important than colour
Fuck man, I turn my games all to the lowest settings and if possible edit configs to make them even simpler. Nothing is more important than >dat smooth
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.