[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most ergonomic way of typing, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: keyboard_graphic_1234_Master.jpg (353 KB, 914x1032) Image search: [Google]
keyboard_graphic_1234_Master.jpg
353 KB, 914x1032
What's the most ergonomic way of typing, /g/?
>>
Whichever feels the best for you. There's no "right" answer, everyone operates differently.
>>
where does the name "Dvorak" come from
>>
>>55477815
If only there was a way of learning such questions...
>>
>>55477733
Azerty.
>>
>>55477815
The name of the guy who invented it I guess

>>55477733
Everything but Dvorak. I mean, sure it may be better if you just look at the typing process, but it's not just about that. If you get yourself used to Dvorak, you also lose the ability to type on random other keyboards (at least partly, as you will eventually fuck up). Also, other people won't be able to type on your retarded keyboard layout (to help you out or whatever, you know, some people actually work). So unless you want to stay alone in your basement for the rest of your life, a standard keyboard layout will always be vastly superior. Especially because the advantages of dvorak are pretty much negligible. When does it actually ever happen that you need to type that much as fast as possible? 99.999% of all times I am not limited by my typing speed, but by my thinking.
>>
I started using Colemak a little over a year ago in order to teach myself how to type properly. It is easily learned, easy to configure (in linux at least), and the best thing is that it turns the useless capslock into a backspace.
>>
>>55477815
>where does the name "Dvorak" come from
https://www.bing.com/search?q=where+does+the+name+%22Dvorak%22+come+from&go=Submit
>>
>>55477777
>>
>>55477733
With your own fingers, I believe.
>>
>>55477733
>american qwert

çuck
>>
I use bépo
>>
Qwerty because vim
>>
Depends on what factors you're optimizing for. Colemak is good though.
>>
>>55478247
Seconding Colemak
>>
>>55477993
>bing
>>
Maltron master race reporting in
>>
EN-US QWERTY for me personally. Never had a problem with it, I type on average about 45wpm and the layout has never been an issue. It's the most common layout over here so shits easy to get.
Personally I find keyboard switch types, or really just the variation between different keyboards in general to have more of an effect on my typing performance rather than just the button layout.
>>
File: 2016-07-08_19-53-28.png (19 KB, 767x270) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-08_19-53-28.png
19 KB, 767x270
>>55477965
I have been using dvorak for about 7 years now.

>If you get yourself used to Dvorak, you also lose the ability to type on random other keyboards (at least partly, as you will eventually fuck up).
nah. It's like learning another language. You don't magically become retarded in the old one.

>Also, other people won't be able to type on your retarded keyboard layout
ctrl+shift switches between installed layouts on windows. My wife knows to do that before she starts typing.
>>
File: chrome_2016-07-08_19-56-42.png (20 KB, 291x414) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-07-08_19-56-42.png
20 KB, 291x414
>>55481494
>I type on average about 45wpm
lol

Here's me on dvorak. Got 80 in Qwerty earlier today testing a customer's keyboard at work
>>
>>55478247
thirding colemak.
>>55480662
how's that E under the thumb? do you ever feel that something else should stay there? Like a modifier key, or a space
>>55481494
~70wpm text only with some errors and slowly improving - blind touchtyping on colemak here. It's a shame that all of the punctuation stays under the right pinky - it slows me when I code A LOT. Especially in javascript/php that are so fucking verbose. That's one of the reasons I love lisp and clojure.
Hopefully all of this shit will correct itself when my ergodox will come in mail.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.