[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help brothers I need a one way communication protocol that can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: halp.png (200 KB, 1920x1089) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
200 KB, 1920x1089
Help brothers
I need a one way communication protocol that can deal with massive amount of noise.
There is only one transmitter and one receiver. I've been playing around with embedded for about a year now and i want to make a device that will let me transfer files over the air using these transmitters and receivers, so that i can make do without wifi or other kind of network
>>
>>55476429
Are you just interested in the protocol or the circuits as well?
>>
>>55476544
only the protocol, i have all the circuits ready on my breadboards
>>
>>55476577
Okay, i am not an EE but one way data transfer is tricky if you can't guarantee signal integrity - if you have a two way connection you would send data (a packet, one byte whatever) check the integrity and acknowledge that you received the data complete otherwise you have to resend it. One way means you can't acknowledge the only thing you can do is use one parity (better are three) bit and check upon receiving if the data is ok. since you are sending digital information your best bet is a good receiver with decent analog filtering to reduce noise.
>>
>>55476429
Perhaps you can filter out some of the noise with some dsp magic?
>>
>>55476730
I assume he is using transmitter and receiver modules so he probably doesn't have access to the output of the ADC he is just getting the serial output of the modul
>>
>>55476811
Sorry, reading this again there is probably no ADC just an ASIC at best a Schmitt trigger so he would have build his own reveiver
>>
Could you possibly use a higher frequency trans/rec? My thinking is lower frequencies can carry further so less noise by using something higher. Then again I work with coax cable using docsis so I'm not sure about over air
>>
>>55477031
I think OP is already gone
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.