[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti GPL Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 0Ykk7gt.gif (79 KB, 679x693) Image search: [Google]
0Ykk7gt.gif
79 KB, 679x693
(((Richard Stallman))) is a freeloading communist kike with a cancerous license. This thread is for those sick of freetards and stallmanites circlejerking over him and GPL. Talk about superior non cucked open source licenses here like MIT, MPL, BSD, etc.
>>
>>55472319
back to >>>/pol/ with you
>>
>>55472333
I'm talking about software licenses, this is board relevant.
>>
>>55472341
>>55472495
you are not talking about licenses you simply mention them.In reality you are simply attacking the credit of richard stallman by you usage of freeloading,communist,kike,and referring to his license as cancerous,oh and using ((( )))

you are using the tool of other licenses to bash Richard stallman which is your underlining goal
>>
File: halonen nauru.jpg (33 KB, 555x325) Image search: [Google]
halonen nauru.jpg
33 KB, 555x325
>superior non cucked open source licenses

Lel, people who support permissive licenses are literally the definition of cucks.
>here, let me just take this software you wrote, modify it and not give anything back to you apart from maybe mentioning your name (if I happen to remember) somewhere. thanks, bsd-cuck!
>>
OP is right - GPL is trash; Stallman should hang his head in shame for writing such an awfu license. MIT Shits on it every day of the week, especially in the readability department.
>>
>>55472523
(((Richard Stallman))) is the one who created and promotes the license, attacking him is just as important as attacking his anti capitalist license. Retard can't even install Linux, and /g/ idolizes this fuck? This board needs to be redpilled.
>>
>>55472319
Nice try, rajesh. Time to go back to the loo
>>
>>55472532
>Yes goy, embrace communism, working for money is oppressive. You should instead work for free and use GPL like a good shabbos goy.
>>
>>55472604
The GPL doesn't disallow selling anything, but it does make sure that if somebody decides to sell software you made, they have to also give something back (that is, the modified source.) Which is opposite to permissive licenses, where one can simply take what you have made, build on top of that and reek all the benefits to themselves, never releasing any of the changes they made to your software.
>>
>>55472803
Nobody is going to pay for GPL software when they can get the source code for free.
>>
>>55472319
(((you)))
>>
>>55473124
Nobody is going to pay the original writer of the permissively licensed code anything when they release it themselves as proprietary.
>>
>>55472319
Your too big an idiot to realize how big an idiot you're.
>>
Linux everywhere.
BSD irrelevent.
How's that superior cuck license working out for you?
>>
>>55472319
only a windows retard like Steve (monkeyboy) Ballmer or similar closed source asskissers would say that, i hope you die in a fire or get hit by a truck you bastard
>>
>>55472547
>le redditpill xD xD
kys
>>
>anticapitalist

>someone releases a program under a free license
>everyone can compete with that person for support, distribution, price, etc.

>program is GPL
>people who compete have to give everyone the same rights which allowed them to compete with the original program's developer, meaning everyone including the original developer is on even ground

>program is permissively licensed
>people who compete can bring themselves out of the competition altogether and sue people who try to compete with him

Which seems more capitalist?
>>
GNU/Communism
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.