[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/G/ whats the best value for money VPN? I am currently using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: unnamed.png (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
21 KB, 300x300
/G/ whats the best value for money VPN?
I am currently using TunnelBear any better ones?
>>
OpenVPN
>>
>>55470664
Is that peer 2 peer?
>>
PIA
NordVPN
>>
Make your own .
>>
>>55470637
VPN gate
>>
>What's the best vpn

everyone gives a different answer, no two answers are the same. lmao.

I have a feeling people just want to be contrarians, they see someone already said what they life - they have to say something different now.
>>
I've literally been looking years for a proper suggestion. Good luck getting a non shill answer.
>>
>>55470637
This feels like a shill thread for some reason
>>
expressVPN is pretty good, been using them for 2 years now without a hitch.

Should I post my referral link like a jew? lol
>>
>>55471982
you can be banned for referral links
>>
Using nordvpn for torrenting.
so far so good.
>>
>>55472014
I was just kidding, since people were talking about shilling

But seriously, I think expressvpn is fine and I think I chose them because of some p2p news sites review.
>>
PIA has been good so far. Decent speeds, no more copyright strikes coming in
>>
>>55472048
you should stop
i got a message from my isp despite being on nord
>>
>>55471954
Not everything is a fucking shill thread you piece of shit. Now, are you going to sign up for tunnelbear or not?
>>
>>55470669

Lurk moar.
>>
>>55470637
I've been using IPVanish for about a year now. Have not yet encountered a single problem with it.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-08+at+04.38.36).png (45 KB, 757x490) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-08+at+04.38.36).png
45 KB, 757x490
>>55473101
Basically it costs more than double what PIA costs, yet pic related
and also link related
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ipvanish-vpn-service,4131.html#p5
>>
>>55472592
Sure you had it turned on?
>>
>>55471946

I was in the same boat. I couldn't tell who was shilling and who wasn't. Finally I set up my raspberry pi as a torrent box and just said fuck it and went with a one month sub of PIA. I've been using it now for probably 3 months or so without any major problems.

I will say though that every now and then on windows 10 I keep having to go into my ipv4 settings and and change it back to using automatic DNS settings. For some reason it keeps getting turned off.

Not sure if this is a problem with PIA or Windows 10. It only started happening after using PIA but I haven't had any problems using it on my three Linux machines. Two of them using PIA through openvpn and one is using the native PIA Ubuntu app.
>>
>>55473176
nordvpn DOES keep records & depending on the origin country that they get a request from, they WILL rat on you
i hate the fuckers
>>
>>55473265
PIA has "prevent DNS leaking" option
which changes your DNS settings from automatic to a special input
if you dont want that to happen, then uncheck prevent DNS leaking
it fixes some things also, such as disconnecting and being unable to connect back
but DNS leaking is dangerous & can fuck you over depending on what you're doing
>>
>>55473276
That's a bummer, I just renewed my year... Origin country Canada, am I fucked?
>>
>>55473297
no i mean the country the copyright claim comes from
not your country
like if it comes from canada, i dont think they would turn the records over
but if it comes from like Belgium, they 100% will
and alot of companies have their lawyer shills in lots of countries so they can send the claim from the right company so they can get a "good" response from nord
>>
File: 23423.png (82 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
23423.png
82 KB, 800x800
>>55473115
>77$/year
>few mbps
Are you fucking insane?
>>
>>55473321
>from the right company
from the right country*
typo
this piece of shit makes ALOT of claims for tons of things, movies, games, anything
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Anti-piracy_Federation
and nord gives in to them
>>
>>55473331
i think you're misunderstanding my post?
im saying ipvanish is not a good deal
there are better options that cost alot less & you get better speeds
>>
>>55473321
Ah I see, well thanks I guess. Was happier not knowing that
>>
>>55473346
if it makes you feel any better, i used BTGuard & PIA, and those never ratted me out for any torrents
so i think those two at least are no-logs
ironically, it seems like the VPN services with the base company in the USA, are the ones which can legally keep zero logs & dont have to respond to any claim from anyone
so USA or probably Russia is both good choices
>>
>>55473115
Never got PIA to work properly, the download speed was pathetic, so I switched to IPVanish to try it out, and I got good consistent speed, and that's why I've been using IPVanish.

When my subscription ends with IPvanish I might look into trying another VPN, but for now I'm set.
>>
>>55473369
Thanks, I'll look around. Would prefer non American company. I've been with nordvpn for over a year and have had no troubles, and their support has been good, so I'm not in a rush, but I'll start making a transfer I guess
>>
>>55473288
Ahh that would explain it. The problem is whatever it gets set to doesn't work sometimes. Pages just refuse to load until I switch back to auto
>>
>>55473465
>Never got PIA to work properly, the download speed was pathetic, so I switched to IPVanish to try it out, and I got good consistent speed
every test & review on the internet has PIA ahead of IPVanish in speed, but alright, whatever

As for PIA not working, its pretty straight forward, one thing which solves some issues is installed tap-windows-9.9.2_3.exe (which you can google) instead of installing the tap driver they provide
>>
>>55473585
yeah DNS Leak Protection changes your ipv4 DNS settings to "Use the following IP address"
the IPv6 Leak Protection just changes it to "Use the following IP address" & then leaves the boxes blank, effectively disabling IPv6
The kill switch works flawlessly, but when combined with DNS leak protection, it can somethings get "stuck" where it disconnects due to the kill switch, but then cannot reconnect due to the leak protection
If you haven't already, I suggest you update the tap driver with https://swupdate.openvpn.org/community/releases/tap-windows-9.9.2_3.exe if you're using windows
>>
>>55473599
I installed latest tap drivers from openvpn website, and it fixed speed issues for both proxpn and nordvpn
>>
>>55473636
that doesnt sound right bro, the latest driver just means less bugs, less fuck ups, i dont see how it would make the speed drastically change
>>
>>55473599
This was like 4-5 years ago, don't know if they are any better now. But at the time I had problems with them or I was simply retarded.

Anyway my IPVanish subscription ends in 3 weeks, so I might try PIA for a month. It's only $6,95 but I don't know.
>>
>>55473678
Not sure, maybe it just did something simple like reconfigured default settings, but my speeds went from like 3mbps to 15mbps. Pretty sure I must have broke something since I had to do it on two of my computers, and it fixed both
>>
>>55473767
you not only get their VPN, but free socks5 proxies too (dif username/password than your VPN username/password)
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.