[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get the feeling that Intel and Nvidia are letting AMD survive.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: asdw.jpg (113 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
asdw.jpg
113 KB, 1366x768
I get the feeling that Intel and Nvidia are letting AMD survive. It just seems like they both have their boots on AMD's throat, but they won't crush them because of monopoly laws and all that bullshit.

Think there's any truth to that?
>>
File: deletethis.jpg (115 KB, 303x357) Image search: [Google]
deletethis.jpg
115 KB, 303x357
No. that's not happening. delete this thread.
>>
>>55468850
I am imagining her getting double penetrated by Intel and nvidia old fat men right now.
>>
>>55468823

If AMD went under, both companies would instantly be put under more restrict regulation to prevent monopoly exploitation.

Happened to the major oil producer in my country. They even went and invested in their competitor at prevent themselves from getting fucked.
>>
File: lewd.jpg (88 KB, 261x281) Image search: [Google]
lewd.jpg
88 KB, 261x281
>>55468866
STOP
>>
>>55468866
thats hot
>>
>>55468823
of course. they could obliterate them with full size GPUs but instead they release AMD-friendly 70 and 80 GPUs for the 3rd time now (started with GTX780 ti)
same with intel jews could just change less for their hex and octa cores but they need AMD to be on the horizon so they could offer superior performance for more
>>
>>55468866
Amada-chan pleases old men for money!
>>
>>55468882
It's why nvidia avoided releasing the 1060 until the 480 soaked up a bunch of sales.

It doesn't hurt that amd fucked up the 480 a bit so they'll still get sales for the 1060
>>
>>55469001
exactly
>>
>>55469010
Also no dual gpu so AMD can sit on top of a few benchmarks.
>>
>>55468823
How could they achieve this?
By buying some of their stock from time to time?
Buying shares using a proxy?
Releasing shitty videocards themselves is s stupid idea so that's out of the question.
>>
>>55469036

>Let AMD take the most popular segment of the market (rx480)
>Ignoring certain price points they used to acknowledge (380x)
>3.5GB/1.75mb gtx 970 fiasco
>make their own cards seem worse than they really are(128bit 960, 192 bit 1060)
>release the occasional card killing driver to push people to AMD

It's all intentional.
>>
>>55468823
The top two gpu manufacturers colluding to keep each others profits high as possible? Impossiburu!

What in the world makes you think they would share secrets and R&D breakthroughs with each other, plan out release schedules as to not hurt the others business, etc?
>>
was the 380x any good?
>>
>>55470753
No, often bested by a 280X(7970)

AMD is a mess.
>>
But AMD is still losing money every year. Wouldn't it be easier to give up before losing even more money?
>>
>>55470753
Yes. It scores better than the 960.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.