[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will systems programming ever use something else in our lifetime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: logo-sun.jpg (20 KB, 360x193) Image search: [Google]
logo-sun.jpg
20 KB, 360x193
Will systems programming ever use something else in our lifetime?

Don't even fucking mention Rust in this thread.
>>
>>55467600
Quantum computers will probably run on a non autistic language. So yes.
>>
>>55467600
rust will replace c++ in due time.
>>
why should it?
>>
File: 602px-Haskell-Logo.svg.png (7 KB, 602x425) Image search: [Google]
602px-Haskell-Logo.svg.png
7 KB, 602x425
>>55467667
>run on a non autistic language
>Quantum computers
Shit will be even worse than my pic you can bet your ass.
>>
>>55467600
>Don't even fucking mention Rust in this thread.
Welp, there goes the only answer.
>>
How about Go?
>>
No.

C++ has decades worth of development and support.

It may never be replaced in the same way C will always be relevant.
>>
>>55467925
are u mad that c can't do reverse on a single line?
>>
>>55467600
BASIC. I'm sure it's gonna make a big comeback soon.
>>
>>55468192
>BASIC for systems programming
That's called assembly, m8
>>
>>55467600
I'd certainly like to see something similar, but with less clusterfucky syntax.
>>
>>55467957
you're a god damned nigger you know that? I fucking hate people like you. you think you know something, but you don't know shit. you just spout off whatever bullshit they fed you with a plastic spoon. well guess what? you're a dickless pussy and you always will be. you think C will always be relevant? will fortran always be relevant? will 8kb of ram always be relevant? will platonic forms always be relevant? will the ontological proof of god always be relevant? will the labor of man always be relevant? see, you don't know. you don't know shit. now crawl back in your hole and twiddle your thumbs until a fiery comet cures your plague from our globe.
>>
>>55467956
>garbage collection

pls no
>>
File: 1442800337613.jpg (40 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1442800337613.jpg
40 KB, 535x577
>>5546901

p....please s..st.....stop.....
>>
>>55469018
almost all major scientific/linear-algebra packages are written in Fortran, almost all of linux is in C, Java is written in C.

U mad?
>>
>>55469018

>you think C will always be relevant?
yes

>will fortran always be relevant?
no

>will 8kb of ram always be relevant?
I doubt you have the slightest idea why languages like C and C++ and so widely used to day despite being older than you.
>>
C++ is waay too big to be replaced. Also if it ain't broken don't fix it
>>
>>55469124
>C++
>not broken
>>
>>55469018
I'm guessing C is the grade you made in your systems programming coursework.
>>
JavaScript
>>
Some day, APL will be implemented into all high-priority systems because of its efficiency.
>>
>>55467600
C will always be around because it gives you low level control of your machine in a portable and terse way. The language has a few minor blemishes, but barring someone correcting them and extending the language slightly, it is doubtful that another language will take its place.

Question OP: is there something about C that bothers you?

>>55467667
Say the word 'Quantum' and the average retard will assume magic is real. Quantum computers will NOT be running your OS. At most, quantum hardware will be a coprocessor akin to FPUs, GPUs, etc.
>>
>>55469018

MAXIMUM AUTISM
>>
The new standards make the language look pretty different. C11 looks very different from the original K&R C. And C++14 looks way different from earlier versions, analogously--kind of like a whole lot of D was imported into it, honestly.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.