[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CCNA courses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ccna.png (405 KB, 767x581) Image search: [Google]
ccna.png
405 KB, 767x581
>why haven't you gotten your CCNA thread
Is pic related a good way for me to get my CCNA? Has anyone here gotten theirs? Anyone verify if this is good tier? Anyone recommend a course for CCNA if this one is shit tier?
>>
ur gay fuk u faget
>>
File: frito.png (453 KB, 704x384) Image search: [Google]
frito.png
453 KB, 704x384
>>55466284
it's meh. that guy talks like a fag and his shit's all retarded. CCNA is worth it if you actually absorb all the material. The cert will get you an interview but if you clearly don't know shit you won't actually get the job. I recommend supplementing your learning with different sources, not just using one video series. INE probably has the best CCNA video series but it's like $100. Todd Lammele has a pretty comprehensive CCNA book you can get off amazon too.
>>
>>55466465
good movie.
>>
>>55466284
i took a 2 year networking course at a local community college to for an AAS in networking. it was supposed to prepare us for the a+, network+, security+, and ccna and taught a little programming and database shit. in all my networking classes we just used the cisco netacad site and did the packet tracer activities and shit. I don't think anyone actually went and got the certs though because my teacher found everyone jobs by the time we graduated and i just decided to continue on and get a cs degree
>>
It's worth it man, just put the work and effort in and you will get something out of your troubles

>Honestly, just join this community and start learning

http://www.techexams.net/
>>
>>55466644
I'm a senior and I've taken classes in everything you just described but I feel like I haven't learned anything and just have some decent grades that mean nothing. I want to actually learn something and have something to show for it.
>>
>>55466807
This thread is relevant to my interests
>>
>>55466807
Get a job

Work experience and actually understanding how to troubleshoot and remembering the process of analyzing/debugging the packets etc.. teaches you a lot more than any cert you can get with three months of studying

>Work experience has made me who i am today and taken me out of a call center environment into a real profession

What ever you do, continue studying and actually apply yourself and you will make it
>>
>>55467081
I'm actually a tech support at a call center right now. I want to study while I'm here and not just waste my time like the people who have worked here 11 years an accomplished nothing but a vast knowledge of wifi troubleshooting
>>
>>55466284
I have a CCNA. I studied using the Pearson/Cisco press exam guides, cbt nuggets and GNS3. Did the same for CCNA security. 3 for 3 using this method
>>
Studying for my CCNA in my senior year at college.

Its a solid entry level cert that is considered to be the golden standard certification at its level. It definitely won't hurt to have it on your resume, but like another anon said, don't just braindump the damn thing. If you're looking to work in the field you're going to have to apply the knowledge.

Buy some Cisco hardware and tinker with it while you're studying for your CCNA so you can get some extra hands on experience. I think there are paid programs that emulate networks with virtual Cisco hardware which sounds like a pretty good way to get some actual experience with the knowledge.

Overall, its a damn good cert to have under your belt whether or not you have a supplementary college degree. I've heard of people getting jobs only with this cert. Don't put it off if you're serious about networking.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.