[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Richard Stallman and the GNU Project have criticized the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
>Richard Stallman and the GNU Project have criticized the use of the word "piracy" in these situations, saying that publishers use the word to refer to "copying they don't approve of" and that "they [publishers] imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them."
>>
K
>>
>>55466228
Can you repost in Spanish i am portiguese and not understand
>>
Please don't use the word piracy if the act doesn't involve ships on the high seas.
>>
>>55466247
IT'S TOO LATE
>>
>>55466228
Free software is shit
Piracy is still piracy(People worked for it so its their right to demand money for it)
Open source > Free software
Beer > Freedom
RMS is a fucktard who hasnt done anything noteworthy in like 30 years and still rides on the fame he got for his """contribution""" on one single project, i wish the god of /g/ would be Dijsktra(who actually deserves it) not RMS.
>>
>>55466228

Thanks Stall my man
>>
>>55466317
This is the worst fucking opinion ever
>>
Piracy is actually quite a good term since with piracy no-one on the ship actually owns anything being stolen, besides their lives. They're merely dying to protect someone else's property.
>>
>>55466228
Does the FSF do anything other than be a meme and disapprove of already well established terms?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.