[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He fell for the Seagate meme. https://www.youtube.com/watc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Seagate_8TB.jpg (110 KB, 590x490) Image search: [Google]
Seagate_8TB.jpg
110 KB, 590x490
He fell for the Seagate meme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR_bfbOTY1o

While you could blame using the wrong tool for the purpose.

At least one review site have revisited their review of the drive stating that the drive died a year or so later.
>>
I have a seagate drive and a WD drive that both run at the same speed, yet somehow the WD is faster at doing everything
>>
I've been running Seagate drives for years and none have died. Seems Seagate meme is just a meme.
>>
>>55464605
I have several WD drives with smart errors lying around me, with most of them below 5k running hours.
My old Samsung drives with 20k hours and more do not have such problems, but I am honest,
I am frightend of losing the data of an entire 8TB drive.
>>
>>55464886
>I am frightend of losing the data of an entire 8TB drive.
what is backup
>>
>>55464909
Buying extra storage for duplication is a travesty for poor people.
>>
>>55464590
>watched the video
>turns out the guy went full retard and bought archive drives instead of NAS drives
>the fucking NAS tells you to use the correct type of drives to ensure compatibility
>hurr durr seagate is shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFKbrppVBD4

He is going with a WD drive manufactured by HGST.

While WD owns HGST, HGST pretty much operate by themself and have lower failure rate.
>>
While HGST seems to be decent, the failure rate on their 8TB one is quite high.
>>
>>55465037

>45 drives
>1 drive failed
>"quite high failure rate"
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all
>>
>>55464886
That's why I don't hoard anything, including media. It gets to the point where you're consistently putting out money just to hold on to your shit.
>>
File: 1445211872994.jpg (3 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
1445211872994.jpg
3 MB, 5184x3456
I move my gaymen PC around quite a bit, do I need WD black to compensate for this extra agitation?
>>
>>55466948
Get an ssd if you're worried.

>all that expensive hardware
>cheap ass seagate drives
Why do people do this?
>>
>>55467496
$1700 6950x

for what reason
>>
I have a segate momentus from a eee pc 1000ha that has been used over and over for different projects still has good smart ratings even though it has duck tape over the sticker you're not supposed to remove, i even used it for my home server that had a port forwarded http server hosting a personal site.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.