[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here waiting until Windows 10 is no longer free to update
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Windows.png (126 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
Windows.png
126 KB, 640x300
Who here waiting until Windows 10 is no longer free to update their Windows 7/8.1 OS?

The day after July 29 this hell will finally end.
>>
I like windows 10
>>
>>55461742
I'm sure you do rasheej
>>
>>55461715
>replacing win7 or 8 with malwareOS
>>
>>55461761
No, he means regular windows 7/8.1 updates. I'm not going to turn my windows 7 computer on till August 1st.
>>
>too stupid to manually install updates
>too stupid to opt out of recommended updates
Sad life you live.

They're not going to suddenly stop with the notices and telemetry. They'll just modify the string to reflect it's you need to buy it.
>>
I've never been an early adopter.
I usually get a new windows OS every 2-3 years since launch.
>>
Why are you using Windows 7 if you want privacy?
For what fucking reason? Win 7 has always been botnet. Telemetry updates, Etc. If you disable updates, you're retarded.
>>55461779
>I use an older version of botnet proprietary software, but i disable the updates so it's okay teehee
It's baked into the OS. You cannot turn proprietary software off.

Install Debian GNU/Linux and escape the botnet.
>>
>>55461715
>implying it will end

they'll force you to upgrade and make you pay for it as well

just like that epic toupée man
>>
>>55461742
Ten rupees have been deposited into your bing account.
>>
>>55461775
In that case just disable updates and seek new updates manually
>>
>>55461715
I'm using 7 in my GPU passthrough, and I will continue to use 7 as it is the last bearable version of windows. I still have to keep it contained in a VM where it can't hurt anyone. All of my real systems run GNU/Linux.
>>
File: sailor-moon.gif (88 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
sailor-moon.gif
88 KB, 500x350
>I'm using vista
>that glorious feeling that microsoft will never anally rape me with telemetry and upgrade nagging
>It will still work till April, which I can then just jump ship for GNU/Linux.
Feels good man.
>>
>>55461715
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9mXyakv2i8
>>
On the 20th, the update to windows 10 will no longer be recommended, but important. On the 29th it will be removed altogether.

This will not be the end of the messages. Starting from august, you will receive notifications to upgrade to a subscription of windows 10 for the low low price of $7.99 per year.
>>
>>55461867
>Starting from august, you will receive notifications to upgrade to a subscription of windows 10 for the low low price of $7.99 per year.
Windows 10 subscriptions is just a rumor.
>>
>>55461715

Me.
>>
>>55461889
>Windows 10 subscriptions is just a rumor.
Windows subscriptions have been a thing for years now. Granted, it's on the enterprise level, so it's not something currently affecting home users.

But Microsoft has been talking about Windows as a service for quite a while now. There's no reason why they wouldn't at least consider offering Windows 10 + Office 365 as a subscription.
>>
>>55461715
Who cares? You can keep using windows 10 without a key anyway, with the only limitation being that you can't change your desktop image.
>>
>>55461715
>don't update for free
>now you have MS shitposting at you to pay to update
Nice idea, faggot.
>>
>>55461867
>This will not be the end of the messages. Starting from august, you will receive notifications to upgrade to a subscription of windows 10 for the low low price of $7.99 per year.
Are you retards still parroting this bullshit?

>>55461994
>There's no reason
Sure there is, because no one would pay for it. Because of OS X, iOS, Android, etc which all receive free updates until the hardware itself is no longer supported, people expect their OSes to be free.

Charging a subscription for the OS for personal consumers in no more palatable for this era of software support than charging for OS upgrades is.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.