[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
without plugging anything external into my tower windows/the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: fingertip_cube_tiny_speaker_1.jpg (32 KB, 600x432) Image search: [Google]
fingertip_cube_tiny_speaker_1.jpg
32 KB, 600x432
without plugging anything external into my tower windows/the mobo is still able to play an error sound. is there like a tiny speaker built into the mobo for that purpose or am I completely retarded?
>>
>>55461499
I know some lelnovo business PCs have that.
>>
>>55461499
Yes some mobos have a built in buzzer, i usually rip them out or desolder them. Sometimes you can simply unplug them or remove a jumper.
>>
Yes. Some motherboards have a small speaker that you plug in during assembly, and others have a built in piezoelectric buzzer.
>>
>>55461523
>>55461537
He's talking about built-in speakers that play actual sounds in Windows and are detected in the device manager, not the beeper.
>>
Mine does not beep
>>
>>55462337
I did actually mean the beeps I just worded it like shit

>>55461537
>>55461523
cool, thanks. I actually put this thing together but I didn't see anything on the board that looked at all like a speaker. it startled me when I booted up the PC after moving and the mobo was alerting me even though no monitor/speakers/headsets were attached.

I wonder if it's just built into the back part of mobo where you normally attach the speaker externally
>>
It's also a rape whistle, it'll go nuts if you try to rape it trust me
>>
File: mic-1[1].jpg (268 KB, 2000x1667) Image search: [Google]
mic-1[1].jpg
268 KB, 2000x1667
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_speaker
>>
>>55462916
> I wonder if it's just built into the back part of mobo where you normally attach the speaker externally

No, it's not. It's a cylindrical black plastic thing, about 3 cm diameter * 2-3cm height, often soldered to the motherboard, sometimes attached with two little cables to two pins on the MB, in the same way as the power button or the reset button.
>>
File: A1073-1.jpg (86 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
A1073-1.jpg
86 KB, 600x600
>>55462916
They usually look something like this. Sometimes it just the cylindrical part soldered onto the board.
>>
>>55463061
oh shit, at least 2 of my mobos have had those and I just never stopped to think what it was.

thanks
>>
Fucking /v/ leaking again
>>
File: sku_311781_1.jpg (20 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
sku_311781_1.jpg
20 KB, 600x600
>>55461499
pic related
>>
I remember back in the DOS/Win 3.1 days there was a driver that could play WAV audio out of those things. Sounded like shit but it worked
>>
>>55461499
Take a small speaker and connect it to the output of your sound card. Place it inside the case, tape it down if you must.
>>
>>55463541
Some better boards have it soldered on already.

Also it's sad that this thread is probably the most /g/ related thread this week...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.