[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm asking this as a technological question and not a political
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (248 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248 KB, 1280x800
I'm asking this as a technological question and not a political one:

FBI director James Comey said that they were unable to determine if Hillary Clinton's private server was hacked.

1. Is it possible to determine if a server was hacked?

2. Do you think the FBI would be able to determine this?
>>
>>55459643
Most likely you could figure out if it was if you did proper logging of traffic
>>
>>55459643
define "hacked"
>>
>>55459717
As in someone hacked into her email and read or copied them
>>
>>55459643
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/clinton-email-hacker-guccifer-pleads-guilty_us_5745d1f8e4b03ede44137945
>>
>>55459668
This
>>
>>55461904
Why aren't more people pointing this out? There were legit emails from her server dumped. Comey has to be covering something up.
>>
>>55459643
https://guccifer2.wordpress.com/
>>
>>55459839
unauthorized access can be very hard to verify, especially if the "hacker" had the right credentials and used the same client and/or masked their IP address, or just outright deleted the logs

it's all just speculation and conjecture mixed with politics (a dangerous combination indeed!) unless we know all of the details

who supposedly would have gained access to this information anyway?
>>
The idea is that a hacker wouldn't want to leave any signs they've comprised the system so it's a bit like proving a negative.
>>
>>55459643
there are lots of things that leave evidence of a server being "hacked"; however It is possible to "hack" a server or client without leaving a trace.

If a hack left evidence that could be found, and the evidence was still on disk the FBI would have been able to find it, however see number 1 above.

This is really not the important issue though, what is important is whether Clinton's "extremely careless" actions are considered in fact to be "grossly negligent"

more important than that is whether "The fourth day is indicative of the seventh; the eighth is the commencement of the second week; and hence, the eleventh being the fourth of the second week, is also indicative; and again, the seventeenth is indicative, as being the fourth from the fourteenth, and the seventh from the eleventh."
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.