[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android and the future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
Will we ever reach a point when android won't lag anymore or is it doomed no matter what?
I mean some android phones have up to 6gb of ram nowadays and octacore processors. Do you think in a few years hardware improvements will make android fast, stable and smooth as ios?
Is android fucked no matter what hardware you use?
>>
>>55459319
Galaxy s7 edge doesn't lag.
>>
I have the OnePlus 3, and there is no app lag whatsoever. Animation lag though, that's a different story.
>>
>>55459319
Android could have a i7 processor, 12gb of ram and a Nvidia Titan and yet ios would destroy it with 3gb of ram, Intel HD graphics and a dual core processor.
>>
>>55459319
Millions of different devices running a modified os - shit performance (Linux distros android)
1 device running a modified os - amazing performance (ios, Mac os)

Deal with it openfags
>>
>>55459366
Well Iphones have shit resolution and some android phones have a 4k display. It is not fair to compare them.
>>
>>55459342
I'd love to believe that, but it does lag in the first 8-9 seconds after booting.
Still 10/10 phone, especially coming from a nexus5
>>
>>55459402
Literally one Android phone as a 4k display, and it only processes all those pixels in the gallery app
>>
File: 1038572957394.png (388 KB, 1080x1445) Image search: [Google]
1038572957394.png
388 KB, 1080x1445
It's due to the bloatware pre-installed on them. However you can easily disable it and even remove it to get faster performance.

Anyway iPhones are never worth it because of pic related even if they do open up angry birds 2 seconds faster.
>>
>>55459319
Android is a sitting duck just waiting to get wiped out by the next phone OS.

Could be windows phone 10 since i hear it will be able to run androids apps, After it takes off the android apps will be phased out in favor of native c# apps.

Android's fragmentation has been a disaster and it can never ever be fixed.
>>
>>55459319
If Android switches Java to something better. Definitely it would improve a lot. :^3
>>
>>55459671
>pre installed bloat

How come nexus are so slow compared to iOS then?
>>
File: 78727.png (37 KB, 650x550) Image search: [Google]
78727.png
37 KB, 650x550
>>55459784
Nexus are slow because Google tries to imitate Apple and ships phones encrypted, which Android cant handle without lag.
>>
File: nexus_vs_iPhone.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
nexus_vs_iPhone.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>55459784
They're not. However the recent A9 SoC used in the iPhone 6S has been able to outperform the latest SD 820 SoC but only by like 10% and because iPhones are limited to 2GB of RAM they will start to lag hard as time goes on.
>>
>>55459391
Windows has good performance compared to macOS and runs on different devices.

Buy yeah, its not open. lel
>>
>>55459805
then explain >>55459836
>>
>>55459836
>iPhones are limited to 2GB of RAM they will start to lag hard as time goes on
Are you retarded? Even with 1GB of ram iOS closed less apps than Android. With 2GB they are pretty much flawless.

Android cant into ram for shit. Its pathetic that a phone needs 4gb of ram to be usable. And it doesnt even comes close to iOS on 2gb.
>>
>>55459854
Explain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPk1B1bxUPg
>>
but he can still climb the wall with the big pile of ladders??????? someone explain please???????
>>
>>55459784
iOS is so devoid of features that there's nothing but bloat to slow it down
>>
>>55459319
It's the same as windows, it needs mass hardware compatibility to function, well at least windows 7 did that anyways.

Couldn't you just strip down the source code and build your own stream lined ROM for your device if you knew what you were doing?
>>
>>55459319
Bullshit, I can just keep stacking ladders forever till I reach the sky
>>
>>55460283
If you actually stack them and don't start putting them next to each other as soon as a certain height is reached.
>>
>>55459902

I don't even give a shit. I will take versatility over speed anyday.

>b-b-b-but its 5% faster than android.

Fuck off the only thing you can do on IPhone is text, browse and play angry birds.
>>
>>55461067
this
>>
>>55459342
Yet.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.