[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What things the world enjoys today should we need to thank Stallman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image001.jpg (124 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
image001.jpg
124 KB, 480x320
What things the world enjoys today should we need to thank Stallman for?
>>
>>55458412
GNU
Incredibly widespread of the philosophy
>>
>>55458412
The tools needed to build the world's most used OS kernel.

The philosophy that, although partially retarded, started a movement that brought good Open Source software to the public.

The memes.

That's about it
>>
>>55458439
What does it feel like to be autistic?
>>
>>55458451
he answered his question well though.
you're at least partially autistic if you're on this board.
>>
>>55458412
Free software and the GPL license and GCC.
>>
>>55458486
>he
Who are you trying to fool? Now please answer my question, what does it feel like?
>>
Masturbation
>>
>>55458439
>>55458496

Have other companies profited from GPL license?
>>
>>55458451
I can't hear you behind my tasty memes
>>
>>55458412
the GNU project and the FSF and their contributions in software, infrastructure, privacy, ideology as well as the legal protection of all that I just mentioned

it's likely that at any given moment you're directly or indirectly using software that Stallman (and many, nameless others) can be credited for.
>>
>>55458412
mpv
>>
>>55458523
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Free_software_companies
>>
Clogged drains
>>
>>55458523
Of course.
>>
>>55458498
That actually was a random guy who defended me lol, thanks >>55458486 .

>>55458523
I mean, redhat couldn't make any profit without portions of their stuff being GPL. Same with Android, Linux wouldn't exist.

RHEL is profitable because you can download all source code rn, but you need a license to run it in a business environment. I think it's mainly GPL
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.