[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently became enlightened to free software so I decided to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Recently became enlightened to free software so I decided to slowly attempt to switch over. I decided to change my web browser (which was google chrome). I switched to Firefox at first and every time I opened it i got the "your connection is not secure" message. I looked up fixes for it but none of it worked. So then I tried switching to Waterfox. Waterfox worked great at first but wouldn't allow me to watch netflix and would ignore the exceptions for pop-ups that I set. So Now I am trying Iridium and still netflix videos wont play. Also I cannot enlarge photos on twitter or play videos off of it. How can I fix my problems with Iridium? Or any of the other free browsers? Am I a lost cause retard?
>>
Did you try Firefox Nightly?
>>
>>55452380
No I haven't is it any good?
>>
>>55452366
>I switched to Firefox at first and every time I opened it i got the "your connection is not secure" message
What was it connecting to?
>>
Sounds like its something to do with your OS, not the browser in this case.
>>
>>55452366
Install gentoo then firefox and pipelight
>>
>>55452425
This.
Also, use Pipelight along with your Firefox browser.
>>
I thought netflix still required silverlight to work. I doubt iridium would support such nonfree software. If you really want to make the switch to freedom you should probably start out by ditching netflix since it is a mess of drm and proprietary software.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.