[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, in case you're ootl, PoodleCorp is a "hacker&q
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: poodle.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
poodle.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
So, in case you're ootl, PoodleCorp is a "hacker" that got access to the youtube accounts of WatchMojo, Redmercy (LoL player), and Leafy.

Here's a video of the guy behind it, where you can clearly see him logged in as PoodleCorp on twitter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RlgheqYkI He doesn't make any attempts to hide this relation.

Anyway, how do you reckon he got access to these accounts? I imagine Leafy was pretty easy, but WatchMojo and Redmercy seemed like they'd be more careful. Password bruteforcing is pretty much not an option. Maybe they reused passwords from one of the recent leaks?
>>
they're literally just a bunch of skids
or a better term: summerfags

now fuck off
>>
>>55451381
no shit poodlecorp is a skid, just look at his youtube videos.

so that begs the question, how did he get access to these people's YT accounts?

is it all a fake? did all the people he "hacked" cooperate with him? after all everyone got their channels back and all the titles went back to their previous state.
>>
File: image.png (57 KB, 300x122) Image search: [Google]
image.png
57 KB, 300x122
>>55451544
that seems awfully... plausible
>>
>>55451544

social engineering & using db dumps, retards reuse, though big youtubers would have 2step, so social engineering it'd be. or they'll social engineer another service that person uses to they get to their main shit. really these skids famewhoring on twitter are looked down upon by real hackers, they're the lowest of the low.
>>
>>55451544
Ebin keyloggers
>>
Probably targeted another website that has shittier security, then tried the same password on YouTube.
>>
>>55451544
Social Engineering. Boogie already sort of explained how he does it
>get x youtuber first and last name, address, number
>Call up the local phone provider around x youtuber
>" want to move number to new account but I forgot everything "
>sound convincing and get a dumb employee
>they move x youtuber number to your phone
>abuse all phone authentication accounts by resetting password through your phone
>>
>>55451066
Inspect and change element
>>
>>55451723
>real hackers

hacker ≠ job
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.