[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: tablets.jpg (143 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
tablets.jpg
143 KB, 1024x576
Are they worth it?
>>
File: 1467517152528.jpg (61 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1467517152528.jpg
61 KB, 1000x800
for comfy games to play/watch videos/stalk qts on the couch or bed: YES

anything else: SHIT
>>
I've had 3 different iPads and a Pixel C.

I keep returning/getting rid of them because I just can't find a good use for them when I have a 5.7" phone. The only thing I've hung onto is my Kindle Paperwhite b/c it's god-tier for reading.
>>
>>55450939
I have a 5S but thinking of either upgrading to bigger phone, or getting an iPad Air 2

Or I could do nothing since I have a Kindle Paperwhite
>>
>>55450769
Yes but please get an x86 tablet running full windows. You can get chink ones for ~$300 that are fully functioning computers in tablet form, with detachable keyboards. Great for travelling.
>>
>>55450958
Just get a bigger phone and keep the Kindle.

I have a Nexus 6P and it's more than big enough for mobile gaming and and if you get enough storage you can have everything you need right in your pocket.
>>
>>55450998
Don't care for gaming, just want comfy browsing, social media & video watching, laptop is too big for casual use and I don't like sitting at my desktop for long periods of time

Tablet seems the right fit, but a bigger phone might be a wiser choice
>>
>>55450769
Only the Windows and Windows/Android models.
>>
>>55450769
If you actually have a use. Yes. I use mine as a remote for my HTC, SSH, shitpostimg from my bed, and the occasional video (though it's a really old one that isn't even 720p so it's shit for that.)
>>
>>55451617
why tho? I don't need Windows features on a tablet
>>
>>55452756
Windows is the best tablet OS.
>preferring cell phone apps over using the same programs you use on your desktop
>>
>>55452770
>desktop applications work exactly the same in tablet environments
>cellphone apps are on tablets
>>
>>55452814
>>desktop applications work exactly the same in tablet environments
They do
>cellphone apps are on tablets
Do you not know what Android is?
>>
>>55452833
>no evidence
>Android runs on Apple products

pls stop
>>
>>55452850
What evidence is there to provide?
>>Android runs on Apple products
No, that'd be iOS, another cellphone OS.
>>
no, no, no, yes
>>
>>55452872
it must suck to have autism
>>
>>55450769
Surface = Yes
iPad = If you're a normie, it's only good as a web browser, apps suck
Generic Windows Tablet = Maybe
Android Tablet = Fuck no
>>
>>55453173
I wouldn't know
>>
File: maya kawamura.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
maya kawamura.gif
2 MB, 384x216
>>55453203
>Android Tablet = Fuck no
why not?
>>
>>55450769
I have ipad mini, best xmas gift ever. Thanks normie parents.
But anyway, its good for what it is, if I have to pay full price for it, fuck no. Otherwise there is some really useful stuff out there even for non normie usage ;^)
>>
My lineup is: 5.5" phone, 8" tablet, 12.5" Thinkpad, desktop. They all have their niche. I've had 10" convertible tablets as well but by then I just carry my Thinkpad instead.

A Teclast X98 Plus would be pretty comfy but it's more than twice what I paid for the X80.
>>
I have a 9.7 iPad Pro. I use it for casual games, browsing the web, email, Skype, word processing, organizing my finances, contacting people/video chat,controlling my lights and home theater stuff/other home automation crap and use it as a graphics tablet with Astropad to do photoshop work with the Apple Pencil while on the couch.

Also have a 2012 Nexus 7 but it's showing its age a bit. It's velcro'd to the kitchen wall to use for cocktail and other recipes and stream music to a little speaker so I can listen to classical or jazz when I cook.
>>
>>55456027
>iOS faggot
kill yourself.
>>
>>55456233
I have thinkpad x220, running lebuntu ;^) I think you are the actual faggot
>>
>>55456262
Nicely said, iPajeet!
>>
>>55455998
Literally a Giant phone, might as well just stick to a phablet. So much empty space in all apps and nobody gives a shit about making updates for their tablets.
If Sony made a Windows Xperia Z tablet, I would be all over it in a second.
>>
>>55456295

Phablets are so fucking stupid. Why not just get an ordinary sized phone for general tasks, and a tablet for everything else? It looks retarded when people have this giant hunk of plastic hanging out of their pockets. Comical, even.
>>
File: facebook-tablet.jpg (107 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
facebook-tablet.jpg
107 KB, 1200x750
>>55456427
If you think phablets are stupid, wait till you use an Android tablet after using anything else, you'd want to kill yourself.
>>
>>55456262
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>55456027
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>55450973
which chink tablets would you recommend
>>
Anybody have the basic Amazon Fire tablet? I'm getting tired of searching for and reading papers on my phone in the lab/at work and I don't carry my laptop around with me. These things are 50 bucks and how horrible could it possibly be as a pdf reading/searching machine?
>>
>>55461494
The basic one isn't hd. I think I'd buy an older one for the hd screen because I view high res figures.
>>
>>55450769
I may get one for my parents since they only consume the content and their laptop is due to be replaced. Its comfy to use on the couch.
>>
Personally, the only time I would willingly use a tablet is 20-30 minutes before sleep and a few minutes after waking up.

I have a 24 inch screen on my PC and a 5'7 smartphone for anything that matters.

Tablets seem like some retarded offspring of productivity and portability
>>
>5'7
Too much /fit/ for one lifetime
Meant 5.7 inch
>>
>>55456497
>using faceberg
none of the apps I regular use look like that.
>>
>>55451050
Buy a phone with a 5.5 inch 1080p screen like for example the Lenovo K3 note.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.