[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cardboard pc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
Just built my friend a pc, we had to do it in a shoe box because he didn't have enough money for a case, are there any actually drawbacks to it being in cardboard other than having to turn it on with a screwdriver?
>>
>>55449554
Nice thumbnail m8
>>
>>55449554
>are there any actually drawbacks
having to put up with 13 year olds on dota yell at you for having a cardboard computer when you lag? and knowing that they are right
>>
>>55449554

Let me know his city so in a few months I can look up if he died in a fire.
>>
File: 1465089547553.jpg (51 KB, 550x397) Image search: [Google]
1465089547553.jpg
51 KB, 550x397
>>
Its running a GTX 750 ti and a amd fx 6300
>>
>2011+5
>not keeping your guts in the fridge

ISHYGDDT
>>
File: cinema4k.png (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
cinema4k.png
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>55449554
you will be fine if you're using it as a temporary meausure, the ignition point of cardboard is well above your average cpu temp, but dont use it for more than that, cordboard is prone to dust and that can quickly become a fire hazard
>>
>>55451637
>cordboard is prone to dust
What do you think that even means? Do you think the wood pulp magically attracts airborne fibers? By what property exactly does that happen?
>>
>>55451658
Cardboard has a larger surface area than the inside of a proper PC case. Higher surface area is a larger surface for dust to collect. Smaller surface area, smaller surface for dust to attach to and collect.
>>
>>55451658
Maybe you should attend high school again buddy. Everything has a static charge. Dust is statically attracted to everything, including cardboard boxes.
>>
>>55451658
yes
>>
>>55451658
>a guy who has never seen or used a cardboard box before

meme
>>
>>55449554
Def underage
Anyways, depending on the setup, poor airflow may be observed.
Lack of proper mounting solutions for hard drives and such, but if you don't bump into them often you should be good.
The last drawback would probably be lack of proper grounding points for the board.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.