[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wtf is this shit. Does apple literally pay these fucks to push
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: carrier-logos.png (309 KB, 1024x541) Image search: [Google]
carrier-logos.png
309 KB, 1024x541
Wtf is this shit. Does apple literally pay these fucks to push an iPhone on you? My Verizon contract FINALLY ended last week so today I went to T-mobile to get on their unlimted data option and upgrade to the s7 edge from s5. As I was setting the line up one of the the employees came out with an iPhone 6s plus and started talking about pricing and storage upgrades. I politely tell her I don't want the iphone and I want s7 edge. She COMPLETLY ingores me and continues talking. I speak up this time and she acts COMPLETLY shocked that I don't want the Normie phone 6. Says she'll be right back. THE FUCKING MANAGER comes out and says how much faster the iphone 6splus is than ANY android phone out there, has a better camera, Etc. Say I'll leave if she dosent get me my s7 edge. She does but I get attitude throughout the rest of my visit. Does apple really pay these fucks to push there Ishit?
>>
>>55448677
Tmobile is poor as fuck and need the jew cash from Apple. Never got any such treatment at Verizon or even Sprint
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 2048x1536
Congratz on your lagdroid.
>they tried to save you from bad purchase.
Mfw your brand new phone will lose half its value within 6 months.
>>
>>55448677
>Does apple literally pay these fucks to push an iPhone on you?
Yes. And even if they didn't, the store is going to make more money pushing that majority brand. Are you really this fucking dense?
>HUURRR DO THESE RESTAURANTS JUST GET PAID TO SHILL COKE AND PEPSI DURRRRR
>>
>>55448677
Why didn't you just buy the damn thing online. Fuck ever going into one of those carrier stores.
>>
>>55449752
The ONLY reason is because I wanted call over wifi. That ONE little feature made me NOT buy an unlocked version
>>
>>55449837
>https://www.droid-life.com/2016/06/30/unlocked-galaxy-s7-s7-edge-us-bands/
According to this dude in the comments, it works oob for T-Mobile. They're usually better than the other carriers, but no one should have to buy a locked phone if they dont need to, senpai. Hope you can talk with people with good returns.
>>
>>55448677

Theres a number of reasons for it:

1) Guess who gets to troubleshoot these phones when Grandma manages to have a seizure in the settings and enable every accessibility feature and bring herself down to edge connectivity only? The employee. iPhones are far more idiot proof, which means employees spend more time selling, and less time troubleshooting user error.
2) The margins of profit are likely higher on iDevices. More money/better score for the sales person, more money for the store/company.
3) When Jamal comes in the store and wants to know why "his" Galaxy S5 isn't worth as much on trade-in, the employee gets to dodge bullets when he tells Jamal that he stole too old of a phone, and should stick to iphones, which retain their value longer due to branding.
4) Obligations. Every carrier that carries the iphone obviously has agreements with Apple concerning purchasing agreements, testing, pre-release availability, and more. T-Mobile/Sprint/AT&T/Verizon want the best deal on the phones they buy, and priority when it comes to solving issues between the phones and the network, and want more devices, sooner, before release. They do this by sucking Apple's dick with sales figures, proposed brain washing material, and pledges of numbers to come. So the carrier has to make sure they meet these promises, and can be a top seller of Apple, to get better deals from Apple. Ergo, employees are told to sell more Apple, or even given incentive to sell more Apple.
>>
>do companies really pay stores to sell their products?
yeah OP it's really shocking. did you also know that google makes money by showing ads?

DID YOU KNOW WATER IS WET?
>>
>>55450345
I bet you probably didn't know hydroxilic acid killed more people than all shark attacks on earth combined and is not regulated by the DEA.
>>
>>55450345
Fuck off nigger ibera NEVER ONCE bought a straight from a retail store. Always bought them of Craigslist or eBay. Then just go in, set up a line then that's it... first time doing it
>>
It happens all the time

>Go into Verizon store
>Buy the Galaxy Nexus on release
>Salesman asks why I want that instead of some Droid
>Well you know the Droid is better and has X
>I just really want a non skinned Android and Ice Cream Sandwhich
>Continues to push
>Got nuclear angry that I didn't buy any cases or screen protectors

I didn't get pushed to buy another phone when I got my HTC One M7 but also got pissed I didn't buy any cases, headphones, etc.

>You're going to get a beats phone without Beats? These Soul headphones are like beats but better!

I bought my Nexus 6 off contract at BB and picked it up.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.