[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you manchildren using the greatest operation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10
File: amazing windows operation.png (1 MB, 4724x2033) Image search: [Google]
amazing windows operation.png
1 MB, 4724x2033
Why aren't you manchildren using the greatest operation system of all time?

Why do you constantly put up with broken or incompleet features, no professional support and no useful applications?

Windows 10 has everything from seemless integration, productivity with Office 2016, file backup with OneDrive, and the brouser of the future, Microsoft Edge. Not to mention unmatched multimedia and gaming experiences with DirectX12 and Groove Music.

Its time to stop living in the past. Microsoft is your friend, they are giving it to you free. Take them up on there offer, for the good of computers :)
Pic relate, the amazing Windows.
>>
File: katz8.jpg (39 KB, 459x418) Image search: [Google]
katz8.jpg
39 KB, 459x418
>>
>>55446876
I know you are sceptical, butn come now, you mst at least try.
>>
Wow OP, it is really that easy?

I'm gonna upgrade now, posting results asap.
>>
Thanks dude, gonna get a Surface soon as I get paid!
>>
File: 1467657258841.jpg (35 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1467657258841.jpg
35 KB, 375x375
>>
Why should I upgrade from Windows 8?

Is there anything Windows 10 can do for me?
>>
>>55446994
>he doesnt want the lastest security updates
>he doesnt want a sexy personal assistant waifu
>he doesnt want built-in windows store/groove music/tv&movies/maps/calculator/mail apps

BAKA kys famalamia.
>>
Do I still have time to upgrade?

I'm using Win 7 Pro
>>
Thanks a lot OP, literally just wiped all my linux systems with windows 10! Surprised it was this easy!
>>
>>55447061
Good job friend!
>>
I installed Windows 10 (TM) on my home PC and it's faster than ever! Thanks Microsoft!
>>
>>55446916
>you mst at least try
Is Windows sold by that funny guy in the dark alley near the school?
>>
>>55446822
>the brouser of the future, Microsoft Edge
>doesn't support webm
>doesn't even support extensions
>>
>>55446822
Trash
>>
>>55446916

its shit. just fuck off. mother of god, we get it, you get paid to talk about windows 10, but it's an awful operating system, and no amount of shitposting is going to change that
>>
>>55447141
>everyone who likes something i dont like is a shill
>>
>>55447154

>trying this fucking hard
>>
Because linux does everything I need it to and doesn't use muvh resources.
>>
>>55447195
>not an argument
>>
>>55447222
unused ram is wasted ram
>>
File: tmp_30687-images(2)-981765840.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30687-images(2)-981765840.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
>>55446822
>>
>>55447257

because that is. just fucking stop.

it spies on you, it forces updates, its inconsistent, and its not more usable than any other mainstream linux distro or OSX. its not good, its not the year of a good windows release, just admit it.
>>
>>55447289
>Projecting: the post
>>
>>55446822
Windows has no reason to live outside a virtual machine. It's a spyware

Windows doesn't offer you choice of freedom. You are stuck with one garbage working environment that has been poorly put together over the years

Windows 10 and 8/8.1 was, in particular, garbage. If having two control panels can't point out how broken windows is I feel sorry for you

>Office
People use office not because it's a better software, it's because computer-illiterate people think it is the only office suite
Microsoft took the advantage and pushed DRM macros so people are forced to use it nowadays

>Onedrive
I prefer a cloud service that actually has privacy. There is no reason for me to disclose my private folder to anyone, including the secret service of your country.
Further more I have an ssh file server to back my things up. Come back when one drive gives you 4TB storage forever for free. Seafile server exists

>Edge
Edge will never be as good as chrome or firefox. Face the truth. Edge started supporting addons recently but it is MILES behind the extensive addon gallery that chrome/firefox has.
Also, Edge is unstable and crashes every now and then

>Dx12
PC gaming is obsolete. Console "just werks". It's the same thing you computer illiterate people say to justify using windows
Console is less costly and actually just works. Desktop PC, however is a dying industry

>Free
No it isn't. You have to pay for it
Moreover you are also paying by your data. Data is the most valuable item in the next century. Microsoft will/does sell your browsing patter and your PC activity to the ad farms to show you the relevant ads in your desktop

>Linux has incomplete features
Linux has more features than windows. It is so configurable that Supercomputers, phones, laptops and embedded devices - all run and can Linux. Can't say about windows though
Windows would take more space and keep taking space until you run out of it
Not to mention it needs to reboot daily to function properly. [ctd]
>>
>>55447589
The only real configuration tool windows provides is the registry, which is very non-intuitive

>Linux has no professional support
Wrong again. And what support are you even looking for?

People, specially tech literate people use Linux for a very good reason. Windows is vulnerable to the thousands of security flaws. Windows takes 3-4 hours to update and updates break the system, Microsoft is trying to implement a global botnet to increase the speed of the update but it is not working. NTFS is garbage, they are trying to get ReFS to work but many people use NTFS and get their important files corrupt.

Windows cannot actually install/uninstall third party softwares completely. This is why people buy "uninstaller". Pathetic

MSE has a very low detection rate and the antivirus in the market try to push their detection rates with false positives. The whole idea of antivirus is absolutely LAUGHABLE btw.

Windows does not have SSH. Putty tries to provide a solution to this by Linux/BSD ripoff version of unstable SSH. That, too lacks features

>Why do people use windows
1. Not all people know about good OS since they don't need to. Most people in the world are computer illiterate and they use windows/IE indefinitely.

2. It's easy to pirate paid softwares

3. Microsoft's shilling
>>
File: Evangelism Is War.png (216 KB, 2537x3343) Image search: [Google]
Evangelism Is War.png
216 KB, 2537x3343
Now let me shed light on Microsoft's weak attempt to shill their products on /g/.

Until recently I believed all these microsoft shills are just some troll wannabe /v/ kiddies but I was completely Wrong.

Microsoft has been deploying Evangelists to support developers[1] since a long time.

Although a leaked document explicitly mentions that they are not here to support developers, they are here to shill microsoft[2] and undermine [3] other companies.

These are not just trolls. These are professional shills.

Ditch Microsoft products

Don't be fooled my Microshills. They never cared for the users. Their latest strategy is to compete with google for mass surveillance with built in spyware. Data is the most valuable good in the next century and Microsoft is trying really hard to become the monarch.

[1] https://www.microsoft.com/northafrica/careers/positions/de.htm

[2]http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03096.pdf (page 4,9)

[3]http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03096.pdf (page 5, 30, 35)
>>
File: 1456945326258.png (2 MB, 2100x2172) Image search: [Google]
1456945326258.png
2 MB, 2100x2172
As a result we've been seeing a lot of shilling lately.

Remember: Troll shilling is still shilling
>>
>>55447589
>it's because computer-illiterate people think it is the only office suite
But it is.
Everything else is trash
>>
>>55447589
as a guy who has used libreoffice before, MS office is much better

don't really care about your other points, don't use a cloud service, i like firefox, trying to cut down on gaming

>showing me ads
as long as i can disable them, i don't care
>>
>>55447793
>>55447797
All I see are opinions, no arguments.
>>
>>55447737
>Netscape, Sun, IBM, Oracle, Lotus
3 out of 5 of these company's are dead
Only 1 still competes, and they only make servers.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but your evidence is shit.
>>
>>55447822
Not a opinion. A fact.
>>
>>55447861
Another opinion

>>55447854
No it means their goal was met. And they are actively doing the same thing
>>
>>55447697
>The only real configuration tool windows provides is the registry, which is very non-intuitive
The only real configuration tool linux provides is editing text files, which is also very non-intuitive.
>>
>>55447877
>Another opinion
Not really.
>>
If Microsoft Office could die already, this would make life so much better
>>
>>55447885
Tell you what,HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node is more non intuitive than /etc/YOURPROGRAM.conf

Also when you go into the conf file they are not written in Hexadecimal values
>>
>>55446822
>Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8
>>
>>55447904
I don't see why the unix style is more intuitive. In the windows registry, everything is those long character strings, and in unix, everything is a lowercase 3 letter abbreviation.
>>
>>55447992
Registry is a mess, you can't make this shit up. Windows cannot actually uninstall a software completely and the residue registry values remain. Try to figure out which one is redundant and causing your system to slow down before talking about simple, genius unix style.

Also, many registry keys are hex values, as I said before.
>>
>>55448027
I'm not interested in defending the windows registry, but morons like you who think that unix is perfect are the absolute fucking worst.
>>
>>55448049
Because unix is best there is, windows registry is just inferior in all aspects
>>
>>55448061
Not really. The fundamental idea behind the registry is a good idea, better than just having a directory structure filled with text files with no restricted way of editing them. The windows registry just isn't implemented well.

But unix fanboys like you refuse to look beyond the limited scope of your "genius" unix, and so nothing new ever gets made. We're going to be using an operating system from the 1970s forever.
>>
>>55448122
Tht's because ti's designed not to be well implemented. Maintaining a massive unsecured clusterfuck of all configs was never going to turn out well and people knew it from the very beginning
>>
>>55448187
That*
it*
>>
>>55448187
Oh wow, you're in the Windows design meetings?
Microsoft employee?
Got the source code?
>>
>>55448211
Newfag
>>
>>55448214
>not an answer
>not an argument
>ad hominem

First time on 4chan, eh?

Come back when you can debate pal.
>>
>>55448187
>a massive unsecured clusterfuck of all configs
isn't that exactly what the entire unix directory structure is?
>>
>>55448227
Do you fail to see the fact that the questions he asked the question he asked was sarcastic? I called him a newfag since he needs to research, idiot. Get out with your 9gag tier post.

>>55448233
dir structure are meant to be that way, configs are not
>>
disregard >>55448294

>>55448227
Do you fail to see the fact that the questions he asked the he asked was sarcastic? I called him a newfag since he needs to research, idiot. Get out with your 9gag tier post.

>>55448233
dir structure are meant to be that way, configs are not
>>
>>55448294
>dir structure are meant to be that way, configs are not
But all the unix configs are in the directory structure.

The registry itself is a directory structure, separate from the normal user directory structure, with all the configs in it.
>>
>>55448328
So you are admitting registry stucture is a separate dir like structure? You are proving my point of it being a massive hairball
>>
File: IMG_7811.jpg (248 KB, 1280x819) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7811.jpg
248 KB, 1280x819
>>55446822
Get the fuck out of here, Microshit Marketing Dept.

First, learn to poo in loo. Then maybe we can talk about computers.
>>
>>55448543
t. Rajesh H1B from Cupertino
>>
File: 1455880496002.jpg (98 KB, 500x717) Image search: [Google]
1455880496002.jpg
98 KB, 500x717
>>55448559
Wrong. Actually, 8pol here.

You can get in the fucking oven with the street shitter, kike.
>>
>>55448598
You have to go back.
>>
>>55448728
Indians need to go back first
>>
Mods pls.
Pls.
;_;
>>
>>55448894
t. RedHat employee
>>
I feel like threads like these are obvious joke/troll posts from users and yet everyone seems convinced it's legitimate shilling.

Unless that's another joke/troll.
>>
>>55449725
What if it's all one big joke, and your the only one who takes the site seriously?
>>
>>55449762
but I already feel so alone
>>
I don't understand why /g/ tolerates these Windows shills. Seriously, if someone said the same about their favorite linux distro, they'd get way more shit than OP.
>>
>>55447047
>windows shill
>baka
>waifu
>famalamia
Wewlad.github.io
>>
>>55449863
Windows is recognized to be shit to the extent that nobody feels compelled to seriously criticize it in a troll thread like this.

Whereas Linux is praised so people jump on the contrarian bandwagon to dump on it whenever possible.
>>
>>55449863
Nobody tolerates anything on /g/. Name literally any company or product and a minimum of 5 people will show up for each and every thread to bash it.
>>
File: netmarketshare_may_2015.png (38 KB, 580x360) Image search: [Google]
netmarketshare_may_2015.png
38 KB, 580x360
>>55449935
>windows is recognized[...]
I disagree. I bet at least 90% of /g/ thinks Windows is fine.
>>
>>55450068
Then there's your answer?
Honestly nobody knows what the lurkers think, and most of the people who mention windows are either noobs who've fucked something up and don't know a boot menu from a command line or the plebs who think they're brilliant and everyone else is a moron because they tried win 10 and it just werks so obviously everyone who disagrees is a retard.
>>
>>55446822
>>>/global/rules/3
>>>/global/rules/11
>>
>>55446822
Question: Why would you use Box and not OneDrive?

pretty bad choice of pic
>>
>>55450068
90% of /g/ probably does think that. But 90% of Windows discussion is negative on here. My point remains the same.
>>
File: 8-inch-floppy.jpg (14 KB, 430x319) Image search: [Google]
8-inch-floppy.jpg
14 KB, 430x319
>>55450441
My point is it SHOULD naturally be negative. It's a commercial product and it's the height of corporate bullshit.
>>
>>55450441
Proofs?
>>
>>55450250
And then there's the trolls, like this thread and that fucker with the photoshopped 112% windows updating thread. I think the bare minimum for being a shill is that you actually have to give a tiny shit what someone thinks or does. And I'm just not convinced that anyone here seriously does. If they do, they're doing a piss poor job standing out from the blatant shitposters
>>
>Advertisement thread still up.

Report shills
>>
>>55446822
I'm already running GNU, the greatest OS of all time.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.