[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was just thinking /g/ why do and and nvidia not advertise their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: amd_ad.jpg (24 KB, 301x253) Image search: [Google]
amd_ad.jpg
24 KB, 301x253
I was just thinking /g/ why do and and nvidia not advertise their video cards on TV? I don't watch really at all, but why no advertising? The most I have seen before was a Intel advertisement.
>>
File: You know why im here.png (92 KB, 265x258) Image search: [Google]
You know why im here.png
92 KB, 265x258
>>55445666
Okay satan.

Here's why.

I used to work on ati's marketing and pr departments.

This sick gamer gpu's dont sell like videogames or anything like that.

Dont think that the titan x and the fury x sell in millions like consoles or such.

Most people dont care about this part of their computer too, an iGpu is enough for most of the cases.

Also as you may know, sometimes most of the profit is from the HPC market.

By example, look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m663gJxbwR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCi5hiIO4fs

They do not advertise benchmark tables or such, they just advertise their gpu's and maybe one or two features.

You cant show 3dmark scores on tv and expect everyone to understand them.

CPU's on the other side, from both intel and amd, do get many tv commercials like
>"The coolest and most efficient"
>"The best integrated graphics"
>"More cores"
>"iGpu Supports 4k"
>"Stuff"
>>
>>55446241
Surely Normie's can learn though right? I mean it's not that fucking complicated and it's getting easier every GPU release. A few generations ahead we should have GPUs that connect directly to the PCI express without need for a power adapter or beefy power supply. That would destroy consoles wouldn't it?
>>
>>55446393
Nobody cares to learn about PC components when they don't want to bother with them. The average person gets scared to shit by just looking at the back of a motherboard
>>
>>55446393
The pc market is always rising, then it goes down, its a cycle.

Also what you just said is why the 250x and the 750ti sell a lot, they are just plug and play.

Things are not that simple for the other cards.

Maybe your average normie buys an rx 480 but his computer only supports agp or maybe his psu is just enough for what it already has or maybe he buys one thinking that his ps4 or iMac can support it (it happens a LOT).

This is why even the
cringiest script kiddie / techie / fa/g/ always have a place in society, people isnt stupid, they just dont care to learn about this.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160704-223451~01.png (942 KB, 975x1029) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160704-223451~01.png
942 KB, 975x1029
but they do, OP
https://youtu.be/ScX21OQ8-aE
>>
Lol m8. Most people dont even own a desktop pc and the people who do own one more than likely have a shitty prebuilt. The number of potential customers they would be reaching on tv would be minuscule. Its different for jewtel because they're sellimg upgrades to normies when they buy their next macbook pro®
>>
>>55445666

The Desktop market in general is pretty dead. Just walk into your local Best Buy and you'll see what I am talking about. You will see 20 different types of Mac Books/Products on display. Then you will see 10 or so Windows Laptops. 50 Different android tablets. Maybe 4 or 5 all-in-one touchscreen desktops. Then you'll see 2 or 3 crappy HP desktops crammed in the back aisle where no one guys with dust collecting on them. Maybe one of them will have a GPU that is 3 or 4 generations old.
>>
>>55446241
based kangz has spoken
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.