[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's with antivirus software and edgy user interfaces?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
What's with antivirus software and edgy user interfaces?
>>
File: Avast_Simple_User_Interface.png (76 KB, 596x194) Image search: [Google]
Avast_Simple_User_Interface.png
76 KB, 596x194
Is it a fucking car radio?
>>
>>55444063
>caring about antiviurs software when Common Sense 2016 exists
>not at least using CLI-based ClamAV
>>
File: images-9.jpg (28 KB, 487x302) Image search: [Google]
images-9.jpg
28 KB, 487x302
It's better than fucking Metro
>>
Is there a free lightweight anti-virus that only does scans on demand?
>>
>>55444063
They're made for children, so they're marketed for children. What seems to be the problem?
>>
Why isn't there a useful Antivirus software out there?

One that doesn't waste time just mindlessly pattern-matching in order to find like 10% of viruses that are out there, but instead gives you tools to monitor unusual file access, ports, connection, etc?

For fucks sake.
>>
>All these shit antivirus software
If you run Windows, the only shit you will need is Avira and Malwarebytes

If you are a linux user see >>55444194 or follow the above if you send files to Windows OS
>>
any good antivirus for ubuntu?
>>
GAMER PROTECTION PRO

DOMINATE THE COMPETITION WITH THE LEANEST, BADDEST ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ON THE PLANET

WE FIGHT THE VIRUS BATTLE SO YOU CAN WIN YOURS
>>
>>55445494
Lol, I think you're looking for a firewall not AV mate.
>>
>>55445552
Yeah, because firewalls are made understandable for normalfags. Way to miss my point.
>>
>>55445434
mbam
>>
>What's with antivirus' competitive securing gui against better hacker user interfaces: The thread
Please....
>>
>>55445564
Normie's don't care, they just want to be 'protected' and as long as they pay their monthly subscription for scheduled scanning and seeing a reassuring 'Your PC is safe!' they're happy.

If you're concerned about connection in and out and the detailing behind them then you're not exactly normie tier and know at the least a software firewall is required.
>>
>using such a shitty OS that you need to install antivirus on it
>>
>>55445616
You're still completely missing the point. An AV program could provide normalfags with an understandable interface in order to interact with the firewall and get a good overview over logs, etc.

Normalfags do well if things looks stupid enough for them.

Instead they're just given a scan button and a false sense of security.
>>
>>55445515
>he needs antivirus software to be protected from the internet boogymen

Aww, it'll be ok, son. You'll grow up eventually.
>>
>>55445662
I think I get what you mean but I'm just not sure they're going to be utilising that stuff unless maybe they had some interest in it, I cant say any normie's I know of care about closing unused ports/locking shit down. If it can reach Facebook.com they're golden!

In most cases their routers/OS would provide adequate security for them. Can't remember exactly but I don't think many OS leave ports in listening mode for no reason and shit is usually patched if deemed a problem.

Would be a good idea to get tech interested people in to sec tho I agree
>>
File: my desktop in 2008.jpg (42 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
my desktop in 2008.jpg
42 KB, 1024x768
>>55444102
>[Hide] [Show All]
ONLY FUCK
I REMEMBER THIS
I USED THIS
THIS WAS SO COOL INTERFACE IN TIME
>>
>>55445823
why is this so comfy
>>
>>55445823
toma no cu
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.