[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw love mac OS >tfw hate mac desktop options what do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1314686136622.jpg (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1314686136622.jpg
16 KB, 500x500
>tfw love mac OS
>tfw hate mac desktop options

what do i do bros?

i'm pretty sure i'm not alone on this
>>
>>55443837
Just be a bit more selective when getting hardware than you would on linux and build your own, are you really this dense?
Alternatively, you can buy hardware, return it if it doesn't work, repeat until something works
>>
hackintosh
>>
>>55443837
>tfw hate mac desktop options
>options
>s
Are there even any?
What about a specced out mac mini? They're pretty cheap.
>>
>>55443887
>What about a specced out mac mini?

this is a specced out mac mini, it cost $1699
the graphics card on it is "intel iris graphics", i have no clue how terrible that must operate...
>>
>>55443950
Fuck, they only go to 16GB now?
Shit.
>>
>>55443857
huge pain in the ass / no upgradability in the future
>>
>>55443887
>What about a specced out mac mini? They're pretty cheap.
Of all the computers Apple sells atm, the mac mini is probably the worst deal of them all. If you can go without the super small form factor and low power requirements, you can literally get a stronger machine for <500 USD, which is a shame.
>>
>>55444426
Buy a 2011 and upgrade the RAM to the max. Easy.
>>
Why do you need a desktop anyway.

Pretty sure the 15 rMBP with dGPU is more powerful than the shitty iMacs

Plus you get a mobile computer as well, just plug in an external screen and keyboard when you need a desktop
>>
>>55444311
There's no other choice for the time being. If you pick the right hardware it should run smoothly and work for quite a few upgrades.

I'm running a 4790k/970 on El Cap and it's great for me.

Alternatively if you don't do any gaymen you can just get a 15" Pro and hook it up to a monitor.
>>
>>55444311
It's a pain in the ass if you have shit hardware

Upgrades become a pain only when switching between big versions now (yosemite to el cap, el cap to sierra)

>tow love mac OS
>it's definitely the worst OS for games, even worse than freeBSD

Really this shit is tight but it has no business being this garbage for games. Even indie trash runs badly.
>>
>>55443950
>paying this much for a screenless non-upgradable laptop

If you're really desperate just get a Macbook. At least it'll still have some utility even when its outdated
>>
Hackintosh?
>>
>>55444426
Actually, even if you do care about the form factor and power requirements, you can just buy an Intel NUC with the i7-5557U which is about on par for 450 USD. 16 GB of RAM is about 60 USD and a 512 GB SSD is like 150 USD, so you end up with 660 USD, which almost a third of what a Mac Mini costs. The Intel NUC is also nicely hackintoshable.
>>
Just buy a laptop you dweeb. Hookup to a monitor if you want to use your own hardware.
>>
>>55443837
Fuck off Rajeesh.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.