[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to purchase a Macbook pro for Uni. I'm wondering if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: MACBOOKPRO.jpg (185 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
MACBOOKPRO.jpg
185 KB, 1200x630
About to purchase a Macbook pro for Uni. I'm wondering if opting for the 2.2 Ghz and 16GB of RAM makes a big difference from the 2.7 Ghz i5 and 8GB RAM model. Mostly using for work and I'd like to be able to edit videos with FCP with ease. I know this post isn't quite right for /g/ but I would really appreciate your opinion.
>>
>>55441255
editing professional videos requires more ram than speed
>>
>editing videos on a laptop
Nice fucking joke.
>>
>>55441292
>I've never been to a university
>>
>>55441292
Is that not viable?
>>
>>55441282
Good to know, thanks.
>>
>>55441315
>professor is giving a lecture
>better edit this video instead of paying attention
>>
search for your answer on Google, don't knowingly clog up the content here. this is premeditated shitposting. you're selfish.
>>
>>55441386
Implying that GPU threads are not clogging up the content here.
>>
>>55441371
>working on video for project/assignment
>better edit this video so i can pass the class
>>
>>55441434
You can wait until you get back to your room. No one needs to fucking edit videos in the middle of a lecture.
>>
>>55441476
Top autism
>>
>>55441255
Assuming you mean a 13" model (because the 15" don't come w/ 16GB anymore unless refurbished)

Then take the lowest possible CPU and save your money.

The difference between the lowest i5 and highest i7 for those 15W ULV fuckers is a fucking joke.

If you get the 15" HQ ones, then it might be worth it, but for the 13" dual cores, better invest it in RAM/SSD.
>>
>>55441255
Why don't you wait until September when the new MacBook Pros will be released, fäm?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.