[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hyper loop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Download.png (176 KB, 482x271) Image search: [Google]
Download.png
176 KB, 482x271
Is the future now?

https://hyperloop-one.com/blog/FS-Links-Hyperloop-One-Baltic-Sweden-Finland-Aland-Islands

Stockholm <-> Helsinki in ~30 min.
>>
I like the idea of visiting the independent state of Aland without having to stay there for longer than I want to.

Count me in.
>>
>>55440232
>build teleports
>>
>>55440232
Literally why? No one lives in Scandinavia. They aren't going to get the ridership numbers to offset the costs.
>>
>>55440670
>No one lives in Scandinavia.
Yes and no.
Countryside: Fucking empty.
Cities: Stockholm proper: 911k, Metro Stockholm: 2 million
Helsinki: 630k, Metro Helsinki: 1.4 million

I'd love it, if hyperloop becomes a reality, because normal trains are fucking slow for long distance, and planes are hellishly uncomfortable, or insanely expensive, plus bad for the environment, but I am not yet convinced that they can really deliver.
>>
>>55440670
Tard spotted
>>
>>55440670
But the poorest of those nobodies are in a better social situation than the upper middle-class of the US.
>>
>>55441341
>Let's elect Bernie Sanders so people aren't poor and suffering XD

What a retarded post. Could you think before you post next time
>>
>>55441341
lol no they don't.
>>
>>55441633
>Dumb Tripfag
well, you sure are dumb
>>
>>55440747
>911k, 2 million, 630k, 1.4 million
So literally fucking nobody
>>
>>55441468
makes snusrunning easier.
now just get me the same thing for Tallin and the future of boozecruising is now.
>>
>>55440232
civil engineer here, hyperloop is a meme, non feasible with current technology.

The security factor with those speeds IN ADDITION to the vacuum in the tube, makes it literally impossible at the marketed prices.

By an order of 2 or 3.
>>
>>55441341
Nice meme.
>>
>>55442575
Sorry, I would rather believe Elon musk than some anonymous guy on 4chan.
>>
>>55442575
Elon Musk here, this guy is wrong
>>
>>55441341
That's fucking wrong t. Finn

>>55440747
That's fucking no one t. Finn

>>55440670
I could see some fucking retarded politician throwing a bunch of money at it despite it being fucking retarded
>>
>>55440232
All that money wasted, could be invested in quantum teleportation.
>>
>>55440232
Why not just invent portals?
>>
>>55440390
It's an autonomous region of Finland, not independent
>>
>>55440390
>independent state of Aland
Huh?
>>
>>55440232
Why? People kind of travel that route by boats to get that tax free deal.
>>
>a little earthquake
>tube loses vacuum
>everyone inside is dead
what a great invention
>>
>>55444726
also, Musk discussed with Russia possibility of building a short hyperloop route from China to Russia to carry cargo. That is much more feasible idea.
>>
lol does anyone travel from one place to the other? you gon see the same granny on a bike everyday saying "thanks for building this for me i hate sea trips they make me sick!"
>>
>>55444757
>Musk discussed with Russia possibility of building a short hyperloop route from China to Russia to carry cargo.
Could you post the source to that? Sounds interesting
>>
>>55444757
1) source?
2) even in russia you're a far way from getting any shit started if you're just at the "discussion" phase
>>
>>55440232
I thought it was North America, the Atlantic and Europe from the thumbnail. Imagine my disappointment after enlarging the pic for ants :^(
>>
>>55444808
>>55444827
http://www.rferl.org/content/moscow-exploring-building-super-fast-hyperloop-train-system-los-angeles-elon-musk-st-petersburg-forum/27812718.html
or google for "saint petersburg economic forum musk hyperloop"
>>
>>55440232
>Hyperloop

Please focus on your Mars rocket mr. Musk.
>>
>>55440232
Why the fuck would anyone want to be in either city.
>>
File: metrovaunut-uusi.jpg (236 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
metrovaunut-uusi.jpg
236 KB, 1300x866
>19 billion euros.
>That’s the estimated capital budget for the entire project, including tube, track, civil engineering, vehicles, and allowances for risk.

Bull fucking shit.
Extending the Helsinki subway system for measly 21 kilometres has so far cost about 1.2 billion and it's not even complete yet.
And that's just laying down some simple track and drilling through rock, nothing else.
They better throw an extra zero to that hyperloop cost estimate.

Other than that, sure why not. Go for it.
After all Finland is going to function as a testbed for future tech like automation anyways.
Let's go all out.
Although I'd rather have one to Estonia or something.
That would make transporting cargo a lot easier and faster.
>>
>>55445976
>That would make transporting cargo a lot easier and faster.
Oh, I can imagine what sort of cargo you mean with that.
>>
File: wth.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
wth.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>55445976
>just laying down some simple track and drilling through rock
>just
>>
>>55441341
That is delusional and wrong. Yes, if you're low income or unemployed you're PROBABLY better off in Scandinavia or Germany or even the UK. Not by a whole lot, but you won't be homeless unless you absolutely want to. You're going to live in a tiny apartment with 20 Mohammeds on welfare as your neighbors, but you won't be cold in the winter.

But there is no better country in the world to live the good life than the US, if you have money.

t. German
>>
File: älä lue tätä.png (2 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
älä lue tätä.png
2 KB, 300x300
>>55446287
This
>>55445976
Wasn't it fucked up by retarded politicians.
>>
>>55440232
Wouldn't this be one of the few things >>>/n/ should be discussing?
>>
>>55442575
The security factor is simply if someone actually made such a thing, it'd be hit by a "terrorist" attack and destroyed/heavily damaged because no fun allowed. If it got repaired, they'd just do it again and again until it got shut down.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.