[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop Battery not charging
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 567890.png (10 KB, 244x70) Image search: [Google]
567890.png
10 KB, 244x70
Hey /g/,
My Laptop only works with the charger plugged in. My possible causes:
1. This issue might happened due to the overheating of the system, the laptop shut down a few times because of it. I have an AMD processor which, I've read, had some issues with it.
2. I left many times the laptop charging over night without shutting it down.

Does it make sense?
How can I fix the problem? Is there a solution without replacing the battery?
Thanks a lot in advance.

PS. The laptop's battery is not removable.
>>
The battery can always be removable.
>>
Battery is broken, idiort.
No matter what you think you can replace the battery. Rip it out if you have to.
>>
>>55439749
Happened with mine. Check with Battery Tool of your OEM. If Battery condition is bad replace.
>>
>>55439749
>Is there a solution without replacing the battery?
>I have an AMD processor

Replace the laptop
>>
>>55439749
Here's a little trick a friend taught me:
1- turn off laptop
2- unplug charger, remove battery
3- press and hold the power on button for 30 seconds
4- insert battery, plug in charger

I Also leave my laptop on charger a lot and once it wouldn't charge anymore, did the steps and it charges well again
>>
>>55439749
>>55439979
>PS. The laptop's battery is not removable.
Fook, then you better find someway around that step
>>
>>55439749
The battery is always removable, it just sometimes takes more effort. I just had to replace the battery on my Lenovo Y40-80, and it wasn't too bad at all
>>
>>55439749
If you're a poor fag like me who uses his Laptop like a PC, get rid of the battery and hook the Laptop into a UPS. Buy a battery only if your needs are portable.
>>
>Windows 10
Found the problem.
>>
>>55439749
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>55439749
This happened to me once but the battery was stuck at 60% (it wouldn't charge past 60%).

Mysteriously fixed when I took the harddrive out and put it back.
>>
>>55444454
oh I should add that I put another harddrive in, then put my original harddrive back.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.