[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Zealanders on /g/ what is the best list of parts from pbtech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: images.png (6 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6 KB, 443x332
New Zealanders on /g/ what is the best list of parts from pbtech that are compatible with each other for a desktop tower at around $600, max of $650. I plan on using my pc for school work, web browsing, and I am going to learn how to use Photoshop and how to code for Unity. I have a PS4 for gaming, so don't need pc for gaming, and I plan to share my monitor between two devices, switching between them.
>>
Rx 480
>>
>PB Tech
Kill yourself.
>>
>>55436376
This desu

Just jump through hoops on trade me for a little while or go to pcpartpicker
>>
File: images-15.jpg (17 KB, 227x453) Image search: [Google]
images-15.jpg
17 KB, 227x453
From the south side FUCK YOU!!@
>>
File: 1413175054394.jpg (18 KB, 433x211) Image search: [Google]
1413175054394.jpg
18 KB, 433x211
>>
>>55436415
TradeMe // PriceSpy

>using pcpartpicker and it misses certain prices from certain stores
>>
Amazon is actually pretty cheap too for small items like SSD+RAM. $5 shipping if you choose the slower option, and no gst
>>
CPU: AMD A6-6400K 3.9GHz Dual-Core Processor ($99.02 @ Aquila Technology)
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet CPU Cooler ($56.10 @ Wiseguys)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($113.85 @ PB Technologies)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($107.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($121.29 @ Ascent Technology)
Total: $616.26

Thoughts on these parts? I'll look around various online stores and trade me for cheaper prices and similar options, this is a guideline what I'm planning to get. I'll buy a dedicated graphics card later as a price drop is imminent because brand new cards have released.
>>
Move to Australia and enjoy the higher quality of life for the price of only a plane ticket.
>>
>>55438548
Ive thought of moving to Australia in the future, but I've travelled around the country with family, it's absolutely lovely with amazing wildlife, but it's extremely hot, and has too many shitskins to make moving there worthwhile. Mind you the South Island of NZ has far more shitskins than Australia but the bearable climate balances it out. Both places have pros and cons. I have yet to travel around North Island though, but apparently that has lots of shitskins aswell. I plan on moving to Europe when older as even though a shitskin invasion of collosal scale is happening right now, I want to move there as a moral cause to increase white population there, as my ancestors originate in Europe (Britain). Myself being there is the best position to help my race when the bells ring.
>>
>>55437769
>Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Never, not even once.
>>
>>55438548
PC parts are actually cheaper in NZ than in Australia.
>>
>>55439150
Do you recommend 2x2gb ram or 2x4gb ram or 8gb ram? Or a different brand?
>>
>>55438889
>the south island has more shitskins than Australia
Uwotm8 the south is bogan paradise
>>
>>55439288
Canterbury=/=All of South Island
Canterbury is getting there though, have you seen how many Asians are up there now?
>>
>>55439168
2x8GB.
>>
>>55439383
Haven't been in years, I spent almost all my time in the south island in Dunedin/central. Invercargill has got to be the whitest place in new Zealand. Apart from winton
>>
File: 1467761922010.png (376 KB, 860x799) Image search: [Google]
1467761922010.png
376 KB, 860x799
>>55439421
>>
>>55437769
AMD dual core

AMD's processors offer very poor performance compaared to Intel's. You'd be much better off getting a dual core i3, it will be many times faster than that AMD (the stock cooler that will come with the i3 will be good enough and you could put the money that you would've spent on the Zalman towards the i3).
The AMD will not be good for games, AMD's single threaded performance is abysmal.

http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/cpu/AMD+A6-6400K/review

>Memory: Kingston

Never buy Kingston anything, their quality control is garbage. Buy Asus or Crucial RAM.

>Seagate Barracuda

Failure rate for Seagate drives is pretty low, so that's probably fine.

>Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case

Good case.

>Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($121.29 @ Ascent Technology)

That's pretty terrible value, shop around and I'm sure you could find a gold rated PSU for that price. And if you're planning on getting a decent graphics card in the future you should look for 500-600 watt.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.