[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I upgrade to Windows 10? I had it before but it blues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: Win-10.jpg (106 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Win-10.jpg
106 KB, 2560x1440
Should I upgrade to Windows 10? I had it before but it bluescreened the shit out of me, so I pirated Windows 7 and haven't had any issues. Problem is I can't run Windows Update™ without it realizing and giving me the little "register now" splash over fucking everything.
Specs: http://hastebin.com/niqocojabi.hs

I really like the layout and feel of Win10, and that free license wouldn't be bad, but I can't live with 20 bluescreens a day. It's just not possible to live with.
>>
>>55435873
>Should I upgrade to Windows 10?
It is a downgrade, not an upgrade.

But seriously, install some user-friendly GNU+linux, like the noobuntu
https://www.gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.html
>>
Do you have play video games consistently? Do you have a DX12 GPU?

If you answered no to either of those then do NOT upgrade.
>>
>>55435873
>>55436958
this. I only "upgraded" to Windows 10 because I bought a new skylake system that REFUSED to install Windows 7 because no native USB 3.0 drivers supported during install. Even my USB 2.0 ports are handled by the USB driver it seems for my board.

Attempting to slipstream the driver mid-install proved fruitless. Got fed up after fucking around for 2 hours, went out and bought an OEM copy of Win10 Professional. (Inb4 buying windows. I just wanted it to werk and not risk getting an .ISO filled with viruses/keyloggers)

I have my Linux install to do ANYTHING that isn't windows reliant. Banking, email, movies, general browsing? Linux. Games, movie editing software, Blu-ray ripping? Windows 10.
>>
>>55436938
>autism the post

seriously Linux sucks balls
If you are a rich successful man who gets laid all the time you probably don't even know windows. Its either windows or mac.
>>
File: 8 steps to cuckolding.jpg (592 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
8 steps to cuckolding.jpg
592 KB, 1500x1000
Should I make a post about Windows 10? I had posted it before but it bluescreened the shit out of me, so I pirated Windows Post and haven't had any issues. Problem is I can't run Windows Post™ without it realizing and giving me the little "post now" splash over fucking everything.
>>
>>55437052
Linux is fine for everyday use. If all you do is check email and facebook, you won't even notice the difference. Games and custom software are really the only places where Windows has a clear lead.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.