[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You failed us, /g/ + Unique Distros Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: screenFetch-2016-07-05_21-16-02.png (429 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
screenFetch-2016-07-05_21-16-02.png
429 KB, 1600x900
Why did no one ever mention pic related? The only thing a lot of window cucks like me wanted was a Linux distribution that felt like windows. You tell us that we can customize KDE, LXDE, or MATE and get it to look a lot like Windows.

But it doesn't. It's so very superficial. Yet Q4OS combined with the XPQ4, it's not so superficial anymore. The attention to detail to replicate the look of Windows NT, Windows XP, and even Windows 7 is amazing.

If you're still using Windows because you can't find any Linux distro that's comfortable enough, give Q4OS a try.

Also, thread for talking about distros that do something different.
>>
>>55433565
>stockholm syndrome, the thread
>>
File: image2.jpg (287 KB, 1152x768) Image search: [Google]
image2.jpg
287 KB, 1152x768
>the package manager is a setup wizard
kek
>>
>>55433565
It's literally debian+trinity+windows theme
>>
>>55433634
It's actually really soothing. It's amazing how much just acting like windows make me feel comfortable.
>>
interesting
>>
>>55433565
Never heard of this.
>>
>>55433634
that would actually be quite nice
that way instead of having to add 700 flags to get a good install of ffmpeg you can just say install ffmpeg and have a nice way to select what things you want to add on.
>>
>>55433565
Nice find, looks like XP without intensive tweaking.
>>
How do they not get sued?
>>
>>55433634
Why do the KDE people want to be so much like Windows?
>>
What's that in development distro that plans to run all windows programs called?
>>
>>55435406
It's easier to get users with something they already know.
>>
>>55435434
I guess, but not only do they copy the UI, but also the cheesy visual styles MS tries to pull off
>>
>>55435424
ReactOS, its kinda shit.
>>
>>55435457

Would you know, by any chance, if the ReactOS community shares personnel with WINE?
>>
>>55435406
>>55435440

KDE has nothing to do with this distro

>>55435486
They share code
>>
>unique
>Q4OS is a Debian-based desktop Linux distribution
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
Fuck, as a full time Windows user, I might use this Distribution!
>>
>>55435486
>>55435509
they share code but due to posix and winapi differences they cant exactly port each other's code unless they rewrite it

which is why ReactOS is far behind wine IIRC
>>
>>55435548

Sad to hear. ReactOS was such a good idea.
>>
Is Q4OS a good Debian-based distribution for someone like me who has used Windows religiously their whole life?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.