[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
kindle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Nook-Vs-Kindle-Fire.jpg (64 KB, 554x396) Image search: [Google]
Nook-Vs-Kindle-Fire.jpg
64 KB, 554x396
So what about ereaders? I'm retarded and will actually be buying what I read, but I'd like to know what the thou/g/hts are on the kindle and possibly other brands. I figure the amazon e-bookstore is pretty much the best, so correct me if wrong. As far as the actual hardware, can you buy a kindle with special offers and remove without paying 15$? Unfortunately, googling only reveals amazon offers cuz marketing.

General ereader thread I guess
>>
>>55431129
Kobo glow HD
>>
You can flash a custom ROM on it and make it a cheap Android tablet
>>
>>55431129
>can you buy a kindle with special offers and remove
Not sure if it's still applicable with new models but if you never connected the Kindle to the internet you wouldn't get the ads. Leave it in airplane mode, pirate all of your books, and transfer via USB.
>>
>>55431165
Will the presentation of the book be the same as with a normal kindle, or would that depend on the ROM downloaded?

I'm mainly concerned about ripping off the ads they charge you another $15 dollars to remove and other amazon fuckery I may not know about

>>55431134
looks goat, thx
>>
>>55431129
I got an nice nook hd+ with a rom on it. Fantastic for manga/any reading or video stuff. Anything else it's shit. Worth the 80$ I spent a few years ago
>>
>>55431217
oh shit , so it's more of an account based deal, k thanks
>>
>>55431129
mobilread is the main resource for e-readers. you may want to check it out.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.