[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So just got my first non toaster computer after using the old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 94256659.jpg (59 KB, 342x501) Image search: [Google]
94256659.jpg
59 KB, 342x501
So just got my first non toaster computer after using the old one for about five years. Weird question but do any of you guys get sentimental about a computer you've been using for a long time?
>>
>>55430091
If it's a piece of shit no.
>>
>>55430091
Depends on how well it served me. If I had to use a shitty computer for years then no. If it had been a trusty and reliable piece of hardware then maybe.
>>
No. All my old hardware that I have no use for goes to the thrift store or city dump depending on whether they still work.
>>
>>55430133
its was dependable and ran much better than i had expected it to. I guess its my fault for getting to attached to inanimate objects.
>>
>>55430091
I miss the fuck out of my old XPS T500 from 99. But then I look back and realize I haven't turned it on for near 10 years by the time I donated it to a recycler, and if I kept it, it would still be sitting not turned on for the rest of my life.
>>
>>55430882
at least in this case someone is likely to inherit my old pc
>>
>>55430091
Normally i don't. But I kept a 2007 late santa rosa macbook, works flawlessly to this day. Maxed out ram, put a small ssd in and installed ubuntu.
>>
It feels so weird moving all these folders from one to the other. Almost nostalgic in a way
>>
>>55430647
I think it'll happen to me, but not with computers.
>>
>>55430091
I used an i7-920 w/ busted mobo that didn't detect all of it's RAM, GTX 280 that turned the entire room into a space heater every time I played WoW, for 4 years. Running Vista 64-bit on 4 GB RAM. While I was living in what was basically a storage closet. I took all of the parts off the case just to make it fit in there. Turned it on with a button directly on the motherboard.

RIP in peace.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.