[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Raspberry pi thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: raspberrypirev2.jpg (75 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
raspberrypirev2.jpg
75 KB, 640x426
I'm looking to learn to use Linux (on a technical STEM degree) but mostly learning for fun. How is the raspberry Pi Model B for this?
I already ave a desktop for normie stuff
>>
Raspberry pis are great for projects like they are made for, if you want to learn linux put it on a desktop. Also what is it about Linux that you want to learn?
>>
I bought a raspberry pi and i use it as a mobile gaming device that i take to my friends LAN parties where we play diablo 2. I have it attatched to the back of an old monitor i have and just bring a small keyboard and wireless mouse while running d2 in wine. I dont know why but its pretty comfy
>>
>I want to learn Linux
Why do I hear this so often? Please specify what you actually want to learn. I'm guessing it isn't even about Linux.
>>
>>55427943
Having fun with 0.5 fps?
>>
>>55428033
The eyes can't see over 0.001 fps ya faggot
>>
>>55428033
how can you even display half a frame???
>>
>>55427851
that model is shit desu. I got it as a regift from my cousin because he didn't know "What a Linux is".
If your gonna buy one, get a newer model.
New ones with more USB ports are especially useful. Plus that one cant run half the new operating systems.
>>
>>55428075
bait
>>
>>55427965
I want to learn networking.
Don't assume I'm a pleb just because I only run standard OS's.
>>
You're just trying to justify lust for some new hardware. Having a Raspberry 3.14 is not going to teach you bash and your Linux experience will be way better on your desktop.
>>
>>55427851
Unless you want to try out GPIO or just simply learning how to install programs on linux.
It's boring.
If you want to try linux get one of those x86 generic ass chinkboxes.
Or a LattePanda SoC which has x86 and a Arduino Co-Processor that allows for easy GPIO programs.
>>
>>55429666
Listen to Satan OP. Rpi is not made to be a desktop pc, but you can do a lot with it. Starting to learn Linux on it is not a really good idea.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.