[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need to splice into some bell tower speakers to play stuff I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: sam.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sam.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
Need to splice into some bell tower speakers to play stuff I want it to. What's best, a raspberry pi? I can't think of anything else I could use. I can write the script myself.
>>
>>55427063
raspberries are good but sell out fast
>>
>>55427063
>Need to splice into some bell tower speakers to play stuff I want it to

ok need a bit more info. are you planning on having this play on a timer? is there a power source? do you want to be able to connect to this wirelessly? what kind of connection do the speakers have?>

you must explain more about this project. if you were putting this on a timer and there was no power source, and the speakers were just standard then yes i would use a Pi. there are instructions on how to run them off solar/car batteries. that would be your best bet.
>>
>>55427891
>are you planning on having this play on a timer?
Yes, play on a 15 min timer. The speakers "chime" every 15 min, so for a while I would have the Pi imitate the normal sounds before I make them play whatever I want.
>is there a power source?
Uhh, no I dont think so.
>wireless
sure, but I could do it thru bluetooth on the Pi, right?
>what kind of connection do the speakers have?>
not sure, my college is in California and I'm home for the summer now
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.