[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been offered a tech support job working for google
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: cork.jpg (46 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
cork.jpg
46 KB, 550x412
I've been offered a tech support job working for google through a contractor in Cork, they'll pay 24K€, any Irish can provide input to tell me if this is enough to live there?
>>
>>55425589
It's not, buy Trump coin
>>
>>55425599
So if I take my wife with me, then I'm pretty much fucked, right?
>>
>>55425589
It's more than Google pay in tax so how bad can it be. I assume you have no qualifications at that though as it's technically speaking three quarters of fuck all for a full time job and 2/3 the industry average for Cork.
>>
It's not
>>
You'll be lower middle class there earning that much,nothing too fancy but you will survive and still have some extra cash laying around.
>>
Thanks for the input guys, I actually have qualifications, I have a BSc and 5+ years work experience. I'm just afraid that I won't be able to support myself and then with my wife coming, until she finds a job.

Also, there's a 6 month probation period, if they decide to fire me, I'm fucking stranded on a foreign country.
>>
>>55425675
The thing is: I don't want to survive, if I'm leaving my home country, I want to be comfortable, which doesn't seem to be the case here.
>>
24k is the kind of pay I expect someone fresh out of college to receive. That wouldn't be a nice salary even then.

I'd say no, to be honest.
>>
>>55425981
I really appreciate the input.

I would love to move to Cork, though. If only the salary was adequate. If they paid me 24K in my home country, I'd be thrilled, it would be more than double what I'm currently making.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.