[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bulgaria Got a Law Requiring Open Source
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1*fntK2Y3RnP5qU6B_7GDNyQ.jpg (38 KB, 600x355) Image search: [Google]
1*fntK2Y3RnP5qU6B_7GDNyQ.jpg
38 KB, 600x355
>Less than two years after my presentation titled “Open source for the government”, and almost exactly one year after I became advisor to the deputy prime minister of Bulgaria, with the efforts of my colleagues and the deputy prime minister, the amendments to the Electronic Governance Act were voted in parliament and are now in effect. The amendments require all software written for the government to be open-source and to be developed as such in a public repository.

>It means that whatever custom software the government procures will be visible and accessible to everyone. After all, it’s paid by tax-payers money and they should both be able to see it and benefit from it.

https://medium.com/@bozhobg/bulgaria-got-a-law-requiring-open-source-98bf626cf70a#.ylggktrs1
>>
>they literary installed gentoo
>>
>look at this symbolic shit my country did!
>>
>>55423309
Noone it's a third world country, completely stupid, you're exposing all the holes for potential hackers to come in. Bravo bulgarian.
>>
>>55423514
Yeah, windows don't have any vulnerabilities because it is closed source.
>>
But bulgaria is still a shithole desu.
>>
Bulgarian cyber gypsies now work for the government from camper vans hitched next to dancing bears.

Nice.
>>
> Third world country
> No one cares about east yurop
>>
This is a good idea for very pragmatic reasons; it keeps the government a lot more leverage and options on negotiating future support and development contracts for future software, since if the existing contractor sucks having the software be open source makes it a fuck ton easier to hire some else to take over.
>>
>>55423309
Based
>America would never do this
Feels bad man
>>
>>55424563
i haven't seen a dancing bear since the 90's
I can't imagine the beatings it took to train it
I have some idea how cruel gypsys can be
>>
>>55424654
i remember some article about germony using ubuntu in favour of windows
>>
>>55424732
Munich, the LiMux project.
Some of the politicians in charge are in bed with Microsoft though and always crying about switching back to Windows and Office.
>>
>>55424732
>Ubuntu
>Using unity
Disgusting
To be expected of the country responsible for the two world wars
>>
>>55425071
It's Austria faggot!
>>
>>55425071
they use gnome not unity
also its a ubuntu based distro they made called Limux
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.