[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't some Chinese hackers financially backed by some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1467717264129.png (388 KB, 800x768) Image search: [Google]
1467717264129.png
388 KB, 800x768
Why haven't some Chinese hackers financially backed by some shady Chinese conglomerate reverse-engineered Windows and recreated the source code from scratch yet?
>>
They probably have but you just don't know about it.
>>
>>55423091
It would be an extremely difficult and time consuming process. The time spent reverse engineering windows could be used to instead create a far better OS.
>>
>>55423131
Like MenuetOS
>>
I don't think you understand how reverse engineering works. You don't understand how much time you need to invest to analyze the most trivial of operations.
>>
>>55423091
not even windows engineers who have access to the code know how that shit works anymore, how can chinese reverse engineers do anything
>>
>>55423091
Because why would they? Said shady Chinese hackers find it easier to just pirate Windows.

They're very good at finding the easiest way, you know.
>>
>>55423091
They did except it was actually the Russians and they called it ReactOS.
>>
>>55423091
Oh the real burning question you should be asking, is since when were you under the impression that the Windows Update servers have not been hacked?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.