[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I downloaded a book on C about a week ago. At first it was fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 19M7Ai3.png (327 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
19M7Ai3.png
327 KB, 480x480
I downloaded a book on C about a week ago.
At first it was fun but now I've mostly fallen of the tracks. I dont understand shit.
Should I just read it over and over until I understand?
>>
>>55421935

You should probably do something practical so the lesson sticks.

If your eyes are glazing over while you try to read you're not going to retain that information no matter how many times you read it.
>>
>>55421935
Read it over and over, google hards stuff, ask about it youself. But first and foremost - practice.
>>
I realized that in IT/programming world doing something on your own aka actually writing examples and practicing means more than reading the same thing 5 times

It's literally different type of memory when you type something and when you remember something by looking at it
>>
>>55421935
Are you doing every (or nearly every) exercise in the book? Are you trying and playing with the examples before you do the exercises?
>>
>>55421935
I took a course this semester teaching us C and assembly. All I have to say is I got a B- and still don't understand a thing.
>>
>>55423058
Yeah. Ive also noticed, that I dont understand the parts which dont have many exercises
>>
>>55422056
same is true of maths
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.