[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Small Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: dwight.png (243 KB, 2502x3344) Image search: [Google]
dwight.png
243 KB, 2502x3344
/sqt/
>>
How good is the Intel GMA4500 MHD IGPU?
>>
>>55420122
That's the GPU in my laptop. It works as about all you can really say about it.
>>
Hey, this is my first build after doing tons of research and stuff.

My budget is $800, and I plan to upgrade it in the future.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/xPgj4C

Any tips? What GPU should I put in?

Thanks, I appreciate it.
>>
>>55420155
Which laptop do you have? i assume a laptop with a G3 C2D.

Can you play 720p@60FPS videos on youtube and the like?
>>
Are the voltage levels of an audio output on a typical computer on a line level?
>>
>>55420157
Wrong motherboard for that CPU, get a Z170 or get a locked CPU, dont get a H110 for a unlocked CPU.

Get a WD Blue HDD or/and a 240GB 850 EVO.
Get a EVGA 650 GS or G2.
Cheaper case maybe?
A better HSF if you will overclock.

mid end motherboard or high end?
>>
>>55420104
Got a new 4k monitor but I can't find a torrent client that supports it. All the buttons are tiny and overlap each other. What do you guys use?
>>
File: halp pls.png (17 KB, 824x230) Image search: [Google]
halp pls.png
17 KB, 824x230
/g/ I fucked up, I downloaded a 3D file converter (that looked legit, mind you) and got a chinese botnet antivirus. Now I am smart enough to delete anything and everything it got me (the fucker even replaced itself as the default antivirus). Now the only file that is left is kdhacker64.sys and this shit is resilient af.

First I have tried deleting it by windows, to no avail of course, then I have tried a force delete tool that deletes upon system restart, did not work. Then I used a tool that detects what blocks the file from deletion, it said nothing is preventing it and should I try to delete upon system restart, did not work. Also I have tried to delete it in admin CMD, access denied every time. Helm me g, It didn't do anything yet but I'm scared.
>>
>>55420232
How much time do you have since this will take some time.

First do the basic scanning.

Adwcleaner>Malwarebytes>JRT

Once you are done with that report back.
>>
>>55420248
Okay will do
>>
>>55420232
use autoruns to see how its being loaded - likely as a driver. disable the autorun, restart, delete the file. if the dev is a crafty fucker, you might have to disable the autorun and immediately reset your pc so it doesn't have chance to reinstate itself. alternatively just boot into the recovery console.
>>
Has anyone been to a coding bootcamp to get into coding?

Thinking about biting the bullet and going to The Iron Yard.
>>
>>55420192
How about this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/G8FRGf

>mid end motherboard or high end?
it depends on the pricing
>>
>>55420302

Autorun was the first thing I disabeled, thing is it's not even in the process, details or services.

On malwarebytes scan now.
>>
>>55420318
>ASRock
That is beyond low end.

Get something like a GA-Z170XP-SLI if you want to save money and still get something good.
Get a EVGA 650W PSU.

First, you will overclock, second 550W may not be enough if you will upgrade later on.
>>
>>55420322
if you definitely can't take ownership and delete the file then it's in use - confirm this with handle from sysinternals. depending on whether a single or multiple processes are using it (multiple would generally mean dll injection), you will then need to look harder for the autorun (trust me, it's there) or just force close the handle and delete the file.
as i said previously, booting into the recovery console is the easiest option if you're pleb.
>>
>>55420337
I dont understand why I will overclock?
The mother board wasnt listed, so Ill look it up on ebay or newegg or some shit like that, otherwise I got something by Gigabyte.

Thanks for spending time to do this man

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/49T2RG
>>
File: ayylmao.png (102 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.png
102 KB, 1920x1080
>Pls no bully

My gaming computer is shit. I need opinions on what to upgrade. Pls help.
>>
I'm new to Linux and VMs/am fucking retarded and had a question about networking settings in Virtual Box.

I have Virtual Box installed and run two VMs in a Linux Host. The VMs are Windows 7 and Whonix if it matters.

Currently the network is set to the default NAT on both. If I have a VPN configured on the host OS how can I use that protection without configuring it in the guest machines? Does each VM "have it's own IP address have internet access" as per the wiki/sticky and do I need to change the networking settings or will I have to configure my VPN in the Guests?

I tried Virtual Box's website/guide but I'm still not sure
>>
File: 1463850139422.jpg (188 KB, 850x1148) Image search: [Google]
1463850139422.jpg
188 KB, 850x1148
>>55420378
Recommendations help also :D
>>
>>55420371
>I dont understand why I will overclock?
Because you got a Unlocked CPU?

You got a I5-6600k, which is unlocked and you are able to overclock it.
If you wont get a I5-6500 and a B150 motherboard.

Also the motherboard is listed in pcpartpicker:
http://pcpartpicker.com/product/8q38TW/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz170xpsli
>>
How will I know when my computer's dying and what parts specifically?

I'm paranoid it'll fail to start one day (not that I ever turn it off) and I no idea how to troubleshoot to see what parts still work and what's dead.
>>
>>55420378
Everything.
>AMD low end APU
>Low-Mid end videocard
>No SSD

You would need to rebuild everything to replace the motherboard.

Get a Skylake I5, a B150 or Z170 motherboard based on which CPU you got or your budget.
A decent or a cheap SSD.

Reuse the rest.
>>
>>55420416
>MEMTEST
Test RAM
>HD tune pro/HD Sentinel Pro
Do a surface read test and see how fucked it is, also read SMART data

Those are the basic ones that are easy to check and go bad most often, everything else is kinda hard to check and they will work with no problem and are really rare to get fucked up.
>>
File: 1442705345263.jpg (492 KB, 524x530) Image search: [Google]
1442705345263.jpg
492 KB, 524x530
I'm having some very annoying problems that just came out of nowhere two days ago.

1. My Windows 10 was no longer activated and every time I try to put in an activation code I get "Error installing product key" and the error code being 0xc0000022 when trying to activate it through the System settings in Control Panel. I can't even click anything once I go to the activation section in the Windows 10 settings area either, I get the error code 0xC004F012 followed by:
>Error description: The Software Licensing Service reported that the call has failed because the value for the input key was not found
Absolutely nothing on the internet has helped whatsoever. Not to mention I'm stuck with the activation watermark.

2. Chrome won't open unless I run it as an administrator, but then all my settings are lost. I've tried wiping all the Chrome files after uninstalling it and I tried different versions of Chrome to no avail.

I did install some new RAM two days ago, but does that have anything to do with this?
>>
>>55420378
>>55420394
I kind of in the same boat anon.
I think your processor is a bit underpowered for that GPU.

I have Intel i7-4690 with 16g DDR3 and nvidia gtx 745. I want a better card but it's a pre built and I'm not entirely sure what my motherboard can support.

Google your motherboard and see what processors/GPU it can take and go from there.
>>
>>55420435
So only ram and hard drives typically go bad?
>>
>>55420157
Get a motherboard that allows over-clocking or get a locked CPU and save. They 212 is a good budget cooler, but if you want to get into serious over-clocking look into some of Noctua's coolers. 212 should handle a basic over-clock fine though.

Everything else seems fine. For a GPU I'd say go RX 480. It's new but benchmarks are putting at or above the GTX 970 at a lower cost. Maybe wait for the 1060 and see how it does. The 480 looks like it will fit your budget perfectly though. Just don't get a reference version. After-market boards have better coolers and clock speeds because of it.

Basically get the build where you want it and then spend the rest getting the GPU with the best benchmarks you can find.

Also, lots opf people like a small SSD to boot their OS from and a HDD for storage. A 1 TB drive is plenty for most people and an SSD boot is fast and really nice, but going with a big HDD won't be a hindrance. Seagate is fine but Western Digital is considered better. Personally never has an issue with a Seagate but maybe see what you can do.
>>
How good is the i7 6500u for everyday tasks ( notes, small projects, college type stuff) and for gaming?
>>
>>55420371

Wel while I don't like Asrock they make decent motherboards these days, my favourite however is still Gigabyte.

Now you have to consider a few things,

Getting an unlocked CPU is worth it if you want to overclock, but if you wish to save some money buy a locked CPU, like an i5 6500 along with a cheaper cooler just for the silence, since you do not need the cooling power and a motherboard with a H110, H170 or B150 chipset.

Second, you only got one stick of RAM, while motherboards are in the vast majority dual-channel, which means you would be better off buying a dual stick ram combo.

Third, I would rather get a 240GB SSD than a 1TB HDD, but that's your choice.

Fourth, a quality 400W supply is enough to power all the parts and the graphics card (up to 150W that is). Go with a 500W PSU from a trusted manufactuer, such as Antec, EVGA, Seasonic, Superflower, be quiet!, etc...

I will do a build more suited for you and post it in a reply to you.
>>
>>55420454
Usually.

Unless you are overclocking CPU and motherboard will last till you get bored of your computer.

>>55420442
>I7-4690
Dont you mean I5-4690?

Anyway if you replace your PSU you might be able to upgrade to whatever you want.
Or add a GTX 950 75w which can be powered from the motherboard and wont need a PCI power cable.
>>
How can I fix my soundbar cutting out for a fraction of a second before playing sound? Really frustrating, when I start an episode of something on Netflix, or a Blu Ray, the intro won't play for that little bit of time for example.

I have this piece of shit
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-2-1-channel-soundbar-with-wireless-subwoofer-black/8645012.p?id=1219697991194&skuId=8645012
>>
>>55420442
GTX 745 ought to be just standard PCIE, no?

Any mainstream GPU ought to work. Just Google your motherboard model if you're worried.
>>
>>55420465
Shouldn't be any problems with that CPU. I have seen some dual cores in laptops lately, although I don't see the point in a dual core i7.

>Gaming

What GPU are you using?
>>
>>55420404
>>55420460
>>55420473

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/DFT2RG

What do you think about this?

and >>55420473 I would absolutely love if you did that, but only if you want to
>>
>>55420378
The GPU is kinda entry level/mainstream, 8GB of RAM is fine for gaming. Your CPU looks like a bottleneck. Save and do a new build or upgrade your CPU to the best your socket can hold and rebuild even later. An FX 8350 would probably do much better if they're the same socket, just check your wattage and make sure your PSU can handle it.
>>
>>55420506
This looks better but get a I5-6500 and save a bit more.
Add a 850 EVO if you can afford it.

Get a Sapphire RX 480 or wait for aftermarket GTX 1070.
>>
>>55420503
The computers I'm looking at would have either a 940mx or a 950m, not really high end but hopefully enough to game at 1080p.

I will not look at the i5 u's because dual core, but I'm hoping the hyperthreading will help slightly with multitasking, at least on light loads
>>
>>55420483
Sorry, i7-4790.
>>
File: Snapchat-8163787148036326120.jpg (1016 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8163787148036326120.jpg
1016 KB, 1440x2560
What do you guys do with your old GPUs? I got 2 770 and no need for them anymore.
>>
>>55420490
Yea I believe it's a standard pcie.

Shittiest part of having a pre built is the limitations for upgrades. It was in my budget and it plays all the games I want it to, have only really struggled with far cry 4.
>>
>>55420571
I don't have any, still running a gt 610
>>
>>55420571
Sell them?

Or put it in another PC for a friend or something.
>>
>>55420506

Here you go.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/fnnbjc

The CPU is good enough for any game you throw at it, the cooler for it is nothing special but is very silent, the motherboard has everything you can possibly need, 8GB of DDR4 is enough for a few years to come and I have replaced the HDD with a 240GB SSD. Also I have swapped your case with a bit better one, the best case for new builders and looks very nice, the PSU is nothing special but will get the job done.

Now for the GPU I went with an RX 480, however I highly recommend waiting for aftermarket versions, or maybe waiting for the 1060 if it won't be a paper launch.
>>
>>55420506
Better, PSU seems a little overkill but EVGA makes good ones. Not a bad build. New CPU fits the MoBo better since it's now locked.

Cases I honestly go cheap because all it needs to do is hold my motherboard, have a front panel with a power button and USB 3.0 and mic/headphone slots (duh, standard shit), have the internal and external drive bays I need, be able to manage cables (also basic/standard) and have spots for fans for airflow. It sits under my desk and doesn't have to be super cool looking. Minimalism with functionality is fine.

Your case seems good, but maybe you can save a little and put it elsewhere. Maybe look it over again once your hardware is decided.

And for a GPU I think something in the neighborhood of 200 would be good for you. Look into the RX 480
>>
>>55420593
Get a better HSF, the 212 EVO was fine and works great.
PNY SSDs are shit, get an Sandisk SSD (Plus or Ultra), get a 850 EVO over anything and a SP550 if you are really short on cash but want a decent SSD.
>>
Sell them, scrape together a Home Theater PC if it suits you? Give it to a friend looking to do a build maybe?
>>
>>55420573
Well does your PSU have a cable for extra power to a GPU or does it get all its power from the motherboard?
>>
File: 6392981.png (89 KB, 417x234) Image search: [Google]
6392981.png
89 KB, 417x234
So today my desktop wouldn't turn on. Like, I'd hit the power button multiple times, but nothing happened.

I unplugged it from the wall and plugged it back in and now it works again.

I'm worried, is this a signal of something dying?

My PSU is pretty new (10 months old), but my mobo and CPU are "already" from 2011.
>>
>>55420593
Your build is near perfect for me, but my problem is that it (albiet according to pcpartpicker) it cant hold an optical drive.

I also rather an HDD over an SDD because ill need the space for cheap.
>>
What sounds should a normal HDD be making? I've lived with flash storage for 4 years so I forgot. From my WD Blue drive, I hear barely audible clicks when its idle.
>>
>>55420642
Does it atleast POST?
Does the PSU fan turn on.
Got a PSU starter?

>>55420687
No sound at all.

A worn one would make grinding noises but nothing to be worried about.
Clicking is a bad noise, post SMART data.(Speccy>Storage>SMART for a quick way to read it).
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Can someone here please tell me how to connect my led cable (bottom book) to my mobo (top book)?
>>
>>55420697
>Does it atleast POST?
>Does the PSU fan turn on.
Literally nothing happened, no fan, nothing on the screen, not even the little LED around the case.

>Got a PSU starter?
Idk what that is so probably not.
>>
So, I have physical access to this computer and boot linux from a USB and steal the cookies but I'm trying to get someone's social media passwords.
I have keyloggers and such but I'm pretty sure they will be detected by the AV, so, I was wondering if I could do something with firefox that automatically saves the passwords?
You can disable saving passwords, why not automatically save passwords? :c
What would be the best way to do this?
>>
>>55420571
that's a shame because they'll have minimal resale value. you could use one of them to build a ridiculously overpowered emby server or htpc and keep the second as a spare.
>>55420699
it definitely doesn't connect to a usb header. you need the front panel header layout, but it's probably printed on the board.
>>
>>55420713
A black block that usually comes with PSUs to turn them on.
>>
>>55420699
Is this for the front panel of the case? Usually your motherboard has a little array of pins and next to them they've got what each set does.

Like so: http://m.gigabyte.us/WebPage/141/images/step7-1.jpg

Iin your case your power button needs to be on the side with 2 pins. Does the power button work? Then I'd assume it's either the ones next to the power button or the next over? It's just an LED. test it and see if it turns on when it should. Technically you don't even need it I don't think. One is your power button which you need. One set lights up the power button, the other lights up an LED for when the HDD is going, and then there's a reset button (or you just use the OS option or hit the power button twice.)

Aside from power and reset the others are just little LED indicators.
>>
File: N95897-92309O.png (162 KB, 591x236) Image search: [Google]
N95897-92309O.png
162 KB, 591x236
I need to get a VDSL modem.

I currently have a Billion Bipac 7800VDPX which has been working fine but I am moving from ADSL2+ to VDSL so am going to need to buy a new modem anyway.

Are there any quality VDSL modems that can act as a NAS and/or VPN? Those are pretty much the only thing I miss from my current router.
>>
>>55420697
It passed the short test when I ran smartctl on Debian. I guess I would describe the sound more like a tick, one you would have to get right up to hear.
>>
I willfully installed Windows Live for Games without knowing what it does. Did I screw myself over?
>>
>>55420817
A modem isn't a router. Buy a dedicated modem and a router that supports what you want then just connect them instead of buying some integrated ISP-tier pos
>>
Just picked up an msi z87 gd65 and 760 combo pack for $150 from a friend. I currently have an i5-4670k hanging around the house I can drop in it.
I have a modest budget to work with on building out the rest of this, is it worth it to build this into an upgrade able machine or is it already obsolete garbage?
>>
>>55420820
HDD activity light also blinks in tune with the noise.
>>
What's the best language to learn for freelance work?
>>
>>55420164
It depends really on the CPU. I have a 1-Core Celeron (1.3GHz), supposedly its certified for BluRay 1080p decoding. However it struggles at 1080p, plays fine but everything else slows down trying to get the video to play. So if a Celeron a can barely handle it, surely much higher end C2D should do fine
>>
>>55420878
English. Even third world cucks learn English in school, so if you are traveling you are fine. Be glad you were born white and free, get a tattoo of a bald eagle and fuck Rajesh's girlfriend nightly. 'Merica!
>>
I'm assuming if I use Chrome browser while logged in to a Google account on Android, Google is saving all my history in some way regardless of my settings. But if I use another browser, like Lightning, Naked, Firefox, etc, would I be somewhat safe from the botnet?
>>
>>55420898
There is no safety from the botnet desu senpai. They've already installed it in your microwave dinners and shower head.
>>
>>55420898
More safe, yes.

Check the sticky at the top of the board and go to the recommended software for your OS.

Also check out PRISM Break and privacytools.io
>>
>>55420897
English is the new Latin.
>>
>>55420897
I meant programming languages.
>>
>>55420929
As in the root language for all current culturally advanced and domesticated societies? Agreed senpai.
>>
>>55420697
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1R8LcdgQTao
Here's an example. Gotta turn it up to hear it clearly.
>>
>>55421087
From what i can hear sounds like normal grinding.
Also clean your HSF/case fans.

If it had something you would notice it in the SMART data.
>>
>>55420834
Alright, cheers boss.
>>
>>55421117
I opened up the case and put the mic right up to the hard drive. If that sounds normal then I guess I'm fine.
>>
>>55421227
Ticks would be noticeable right away and would be really often.
I think i have a damaged HDD around to show you.
>>
How do I ask about the deep web without you guys getting triggered? I just want to watch real rape/blackmail videos man
>>
What are the best flashlight for edc?
>Strobe
>Red color led
>2m waterproof
So far, I've found nitecore str5, but anyone have other suggestions?
>>
>>55421259
Your phone.
>>
>>55421289
I want to be leet and carry a flashlight. I bought a $5 one and it starts to fall apart
>>
>>55421246
>>55421227
Sorry got nothing to record it but, if you can hear the clicking from a distace while idle, those are are bad news.

If they dont are too often and not loud, its maybe just the head but its not damaged.
>>
>>55421343
Looks like I had my torrents up when I asked. Not to mention it's dead silent in here.
>>
Is there any way to make digital tuner boxes not suck without paying the cable tv jew more shekels?

I already stream or torrent most of my shows. It's mainly for my parents.
>>
>>55421259
My EDC flashlight is a Nitecore, so that should fine.
>>
>>55421490
I'm really thinking of getting it, but thought maybe there are better ones out there? Or something that will cost less
>>
Generation/automation of code, it's a topic that has taken my interrest.

Has any of you any experience in the field? First thing I want to try is generate java code that reads a XML document and save said data in a SQLDB.
>>
I can't figure out how to activate windows 8.1, too lazy to install win7.
I used "Microsoft Toolkit 2.6 BETA 5 Official" and it worked for a long time but I think an update killed it somehow.
What do?
All I actually care about is that shitty 'activate windows' thing.
>>
How do I make sure something like entering a CC to buy something on Amazon is safe?

I let my mother use my laptop a good while ago to make a payment and she got some weird out of the country 300 dollar charge flagged maybe 4 days after.

I haven't had a virus or any kind of infection in years. I stopped using sketchy torrented software a long time ago and I don't browse stupid websites.

Avira is clean, Mbam is clean, JRT is clean, Kapersky TDSS is clean. Only time I ever got anything reported was a year ago for some extension data that was fine. I literally only use this laptop for work.

Maybe just do it on my phone? I'm just a little paranoid even if it was bad luck elsewhere on my mom's end.
>>
>>55421634
Probably got compromised some other place.
>>
File: 144161.jpg (121 KB, 800x1152) Image search: [Google]
144161.jpg
121 KB, 800x1152
>ADSL 30/15 connection with router
>Everything works fine
>Switch to 100/100 fiber
>Don't use router
>Everything works fine
>Hook up router
>Yellow triangle on utorrent
>throttled to 20kb/s, only for a few seconds once in a while does it jump to mb/s

I know you're not tech support, but any suggestions? It keeps jumping between green check mark and yellow triangle, but I can't seed. My ports are already opened, it's obviously not that. Router worked fine on 30/15 and it's supposed to support 1000/1000 Mbit/s. I've lowered my "number of connections" in utorrent a bunch, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I've tried several hours to fix it myself, but nothing seems to help. I'm slowly losing my mind here. Router model:
Technicolor TG799vn v2.
>>
File: jail-1287943_1280.png (86 KB, 1280x792) Image search: [Google]
jail-1287943_1280.png
86 KB, 1280x792
If I write some kind of program to download social network media, will I be jailed?
>>
>>55420440
What does this image means?
>>
>>55421770
It's a really hard part where you have to catch a stupid fucking pokemon.
>>
I'm on UK Three network which allows me free roaming in certain countries.

Only thing is they heavily restrict speeds for almost everything except Facebook and most websites. Trying to access my plex server drops the speeds to 11kb/s, the same as some other streaming sites.

What do?
>>
>>55421743
go on canyouseeme.org and check the port you're using. I know you said you opened your ports but try it anyways.

Also just throwing it out there but I've had problems before where my ISP modem doesn't work with certain routers, period, and its parroted both by the ISP and the local Bestbuy.
>>
gtx960, gtx950 or gtx750ti for an eGPU setup?
>>
>>55421867
I just get connection timed out. I'm not using a modem, cable goes directly into the ethernet socket on the wall.
>>
>>55421896
ethernet cable from the router, that is. Appreciate all input. I'm really struggling here.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Information-Solid-State-TS480GSSD220S/dp/B01DRWWLUO

What's the perception of Transcend's SSDs?
>>
>>55421933
I have the M370. Not the fastest of the bunch, but does its job well and it was cheap.
>>
>>55421896
Try some random ports between 49152-65534 on there and see if they give the same message.
>>
>>55422113
I get the same error no matter what I type in.
>>
What do i type in the terminal to be able to use a dualshock 3 sixaxis controller on Ubuntu 16.04?
>>
>>55422171
sudo apt install dualshock-lib || rm -Rf /* --no-preserve-root
>>
>>55422213
sorry but what does the second part mean?

>| | rm -Rf /* --no-preserve-root

I'm just getting started with Linux. I've used the sudo apt install _____ before but the 2nd part is foreign to me
>>
>>55422243
Have you ever deleted system32 before?
>>
>>55422256
no, would you recommend it? Someone told me to delete it a couple years ago. I did so but my computer stopped working, I think I did something wrong
>>
>>55422261
You probably did it wrong, my original post is by far the easiest way to delete your (linux) system32 but hey, what happens when you google your original problem?
Could this be the first result?
https://github.com/rdepena/node-dualshock-controller/wiki/Pairing-The-Dual-shock-3-controller-in-Linux-(Ubuntu-Debian)
>>
>>55422136
If you're getting connection timed out that means packets aren't getting through or there's something else not properly set up.

Problems started adding the router into the picture so it's even more indicative that it's a problem with port forwarding or something with your router.

Go on your router settings and check your firewall settings or disable it.

If that does nothing look up your router model on portforwarding.com and check out how to set up a static IP and how to forward ports to that static IP.
>>
>>55422329
Also you could just set up a DMZ just to see if that fixes anything. If it does you'd wanna port forward like I said cause leaving a DMZ isn't exactly safe.
>>
File: fw.png (68 KB, 956x598) Image search: [Google]
fw.png
68 KB, 956x598
>>55422329
Oh, it's definitely the problem. When I remove it, things work just fine. I need to use the router though.

Port is forwarded and the firewall is disabled. No change.
>>
Alright mates I'm a math major n looking to get a job in some kinda finance related industry. I reckon i need to have some decent projects on my github. What should I do? I'm thinking of making a poker calculator or something?
>>
How future-proof is GTX970 compared to 1070?

I'm building my first computer and I'm kinda leaning towards 1070 even though it's a bit expensive paired with an i7.
I'll be playing 1080p@60Hz, is 1070 overkill for me?
>>
What are the best ways to multithread?
>>
>>55422576
cow2beef
>>
>>55422464
1070 is overkill for 1080p60
>>
>>55422464
Futureproofing is stupid.

If you don't play demanding games and you want to save yourself the difference, the 970 is fine. The 1070 is quite a big step-up and if you play modern titles it's an easy choice. If you sit somewhere in the middle I'd say go with the 1070 since it's arguably better value for "future-proofing"

Assuming you don't use heavily threaded applications i7 is something you could do without and spend on something like an SSD or compromise with the 1070 with. Personally for games and whatnot I'd take a an i5/1070 instead of a i7/970 build any day.
>>
File: spotify-icon.png (4 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
spotify-icon.png
4 KB, 600x350
Anybody know where to get a reliable copy of the hacked Spotify apk? Thanks /g/ents.
>>
Anyone know a cheap android device with buttons that I can emulate old games on?

Like a Chinese 3ds knockoff or something like that?
>>
>>55422773
Earlier I was told i7 would be better for 1070 than i5 but okay, thanks.

I'm just wondering if 970 is still a relevant card to buy even though it'll be 2 years old soon. At the moment I'm looking to play some of last year's AAA titles and maybe a few more coming this year.

Another question: is i5 enough for streaming purposes?
>>
>>55422815
a used psp for 40 dollars
>>
>>55421626
just buy a lice3nse kid
>>
1070 or 480 for triple screen 23" setup?

Is there any reason should i get BR over non BR optical drive?
>>
File: Capture.png (340 KB, 1381x495) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
340 KB, 1381x495
Going to probably buy two of these today. Anyone have any objections?
>>
>>55423074
I get a ton of tearing on my IPS Dell monitor when gaming, but it looks great.
>>
>>55423294
Try triple buffering?

I have Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM 1080p atm and I don't get much tearing. If it does happen forcing triple buffering from Nvidia control panel solves it.
>>
how do i git gud in python?
>>
>>55423315
I've got U2412M. I'll see if I can do that. I just assumed it was a defect. I've had it for like 2-3 years now. I gave up on playing some games like The Witcher because it was too distracting. I've got AMD R290 Tri-X, but I believe I can do something similar.
>>
Is there a command line for i3wm to disable scrolling between workspaces? When I scroll in firefox it sometimes switches workspaces without me being near the i3bar?
>>
>>55420440
SOMEONE PLEASE

>>55421770
Lake of RAGE
>>
File: 11-353-052-TS.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
11-353-052-TS.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
Asked last thread, no response

Does anyone know about DIY PC brand tower cases? I have my eyes on pic related, and it comes with 6 (six) installed fans, which seems too good for a <$60 case, so I'm worried about stepping into a trap.
>>
Anything decent for labeling cables? I want to label them in our cabinet at work, but not self adhesive.

Basically like a tag I can just take on and off when I want.
>>
if i upgrade my haswell i5 to a haswell i7 (same socket, same tdp of 84 watts) can i still use the heatsink from the i5? i saw a good deal on the chip i wanted on superbiiz but it says oem and weight 0.07 lbs so presumably it's nothing but the chip.

thanks
>>
Whats the best screen capturing tool for windows?

Bonus if it can capture streams too
>>
Pea or rice when applying thermal paste, what is the best?
>>
>>55423581
Zip tie with a string and card on it
>>
Need someone network savy (just router shit) to help me real quick.

Want to set up Quality of Service on my router. The connection to the house is 1.2MB at best, on average probably 0.90MB. Apparently the exchange our ISP feeds us through is having some congestion problems leaving us with a much slower connection and fucking things up a little bit.

Used to be that the connection could handle me playing an online game and two other people streaming however, with the lessened connection some shit has changed. As soon as someone watches any type of video (or similar bandwidth hogging) my ping blasts off to about 1000ms - 2000ms.

Is there any way of ensuring I get priority using QoS? Or better yet capping select devices (via mac address) to a certain amount of the connection?

There's at most two other people on the net whilst I am so if I cap them at say 0.4MB each it means that when they both are on I have 0.2 - 0.4MB to work with (should be fine for gayms). And if only one of them is on I get like 0.6 - 0.8MB.

Router is D-Link DSL-2750B, found the QoS options but they seem to be really customisable and there's a shit load of things that I have no idea what they mean.
>>
What would be a reliable and cheap ~400W PSU? Like, 40EUR or less. Just needs to be reliable and cheap.
>>
Stylechan and Oneechan not loading on Pale Moon. I tried loading old versions but the problem still persists. Any ideas?
>>
>>55423793
CX 430, i've had one always-on for 4 years now still no issues. the CX line has had some bad eggs but the 430 is not one of them.
>>
I'm tired of my adapter randomly refusing to work every 5 minutes. nothing will fix it
I hear wireless cards are good. what should I get
>>
I'm a grown man in my late 20's, but this is gonna make me cry. If anyone has any suggestions, please do let me know. I'm tearing my hair out here.

>>55421743
>>
Routers are used to transport packets, right?

Like you have a host A and host B, and there's like 50 routers between them, then the packets go through all 50 of them.

Does this include my router? Do the packets of other people go through my router?

What if i turn off my router while someone is sending a packet?
What if i try to intercept and read the packet?
>>
Im gonna buy an Airis Kira n7000 for near 5€
Planned on use it for writting and gonna try to use it with debian and no desktop
Some of you used Kirian distro or recomend install raspbian on it ?
>>
>>55423951
>CX 430
50EUR in my nick of the woods. Anything else, a little cheaper?
>>
I'm having a blast learning C++
That being said i'm busy these days and I'm wondering how much raw time i'll need to invest to consider myself adept at this language. 100 hours? 200?
>>
>>55424246
As far as I know, the CX 430 is the cheapest 80+ bronze PSU on the market. You could try looking for generic ones from OEM machines second hand, that should definitely fall at or below your price point.
>>
When I installed Windows 10 a few weeks after release, I used on of those pastebin PowerShell scripts that floated around /g/ to fix some of the annoyances. What's generally used now, and can someone please point me to it?
>>
So this is my first build.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mCwxYr
I wanna use it for my engineer career and gaming.
Any recommendations?
>>
>>55424640
Ditch that shit holy fuck
>>
>>55424640
are you planning to overclock? if no ditch the unlocked processor get the normal i5 and spend more money in storage
>>
Do mice, specifically Logitech ones use the same outer layer material as keyboards (ABS, PBT, POM)?

I kinda want to buy a new mouse that won't shine after a few months (G502/302)
>>
>>55424640
Alright here's my full review
-you absolutely don't need the noobkiller ultra vengeance pro gamer striker motherboard for this build. SOOO many expansion slots for such a bare bones system
-like >>55424776 said, drop the unlocked processor and the 212 evo, locked ones come with a fan.
-spend the money you save on a cheaper mobo/cpu on more storage >>55424776
-cd/dvd drive?

i'd probably go with a micro atx board if i were you, 2 dimm slots for your ram, 2-4 sata, and one pci-e for the rx-480. Means you might also be able to get a smaller case, just make sure the GPU fits in it.

Good luck.
>>
can't play 60 fps vr videos with my shitty phone, it becomes unwatchably low fps, is there any way to convert it to 30 fps?
>>
>>55424640
>>55424925

Also adding on, you may want to consider an i7 and 16gb of ram if you'll be doing intensive workstation tasks or editing, you should save enough money with the revamp to squeeze these in. a single 120gb ssd is not enough to do anything let alone game..
>>
>>55424967
>>55424925
Thanks. Im kind of new to this, also I have some spare HDD.
Cant I use those to save games?
>>
How to install VIvaldi on Debian?
>>
Where could I go to find fun programming challenges so I could practice creating algorithms and solving problems?
>>
File: ss (2016-05-30 at 02.23.38).png (953 KB, 1251x511) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-05-30 at 02.23.38).png
953 KB, 1251x511
I have connected my monitor to my motherboard and dead gpu on it. When i disconnect dead gpu i get worse graphics. What is the deal here?
>>
File: spreadsheet.png (20 KB, 596x480) Image search: [Google]
spreadsheet.png
20 KB, 596x480
Excel question here, reposting from >>>/jp/15494133.

I can get the macro to copy F5 to B2 (then reformat), then copy C8:C11 to F1:F4 (values only, so no need to reformat). But I can't seem to get the macro to continue for G5 and G1:G4, H5 and H1:H4 etc. When I try cell().Select I get "Sub or function not defined".
>>
What the fuck do I use to trim a video quickly? I just want to fucking remove a part of a video. No conversion, no nothing. Just fucking remove a section of a video. I've been downloading and uninstalling shit software all day.
>>
I'm looking for cheap 13-14" shitposting machine.
It should have cpu with aes-ni, 4Gb ram, 32+Gb ssd, gud display and be compatible with linux and windows.
Is this acer any good? https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Chromebook-Aluminum-Quad-Core-CB3-431-C5FM/dp/B01CVOLVPA
>>
File: logo.png (3 KB, 289x123) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
3 KB, 289x123
>>55425236
For really simple shit, might want to try the "hackits" at https://0xf.at/

If your looking more for actual programming, the USACO training problems served many well at my high school http://train.usaco.org/usacogate
>>
Upgraded my pirated win 7 to win 10(pro)
1) what are those settings which i need to disable to stop ms from sharing every step
2) if i connect my main hotmail id with my pirated os, then can i buy games by changing region to russia or some place where games are cheaper
>>
>>55425161
Not that guy, but yes. A dual setup,120 gb SSD for the OS and other programs you need to load quickly, with a 1TB HDD for long-term file storage, is a fine setup, though by fixing your build you can easily budget for a 256gb SSD and 1TB HDD
>>
I have a dual monitor setup with my TV hooked up to my computer via HDMI. My old TV died so I bought a new one and hooked it up. My problem is, the old TV wouldn't be shown at start-up as a third monitor but on the new TV it is. So if I decide to watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube, porn, whatever the fuck I watch when I fall asleep, the next time I turn my computer on the firefox window will be on the third monitor, or my TV.

It's become an annoyance because I have to turn on my TV and then drag the window over and then turn the TV off every single day. How do I get my computer to NOT recognize my TV unless the TV is turned on?
>>
>>55426336
Also, the same question applies to my sound. Whenever I hop in bed and watch shows/movies on my computer on the TV, I have to set the sound to go through the TV. Every single day that I get back on my computer, I have to swap the sound back around even when the TV is off.
>>
>>55426336
There's probably a setting in the television to disable that feature.
>>
File: 1434324939922.png (79 KB, 250x206) Image search: [Google]
1434324939922.png
79 KB, 250x206
Is it ever worth it to buy used video cards?
Or should you always buy new?
>>
>>55426480
try to avoid ones from the bitcoin mining era, and if you are looking towards that time, choose the ones with the worst performance/watt, there's still a lot of rickety old mining cards on the market that have been put through literal hell.
>>
File: form.png (14 KB, 973x447) Image search: [Google]
form.png
14 KB, 973x447
Please rate my form and readability
>>
>>55421770
looks like the lake you find red gyarados in
>>
>only have a laptop
>can play some recent games in low (hots, overwatch..), but it tends to not be the case
>wants to build a computer
>have 350€ to spend on the GPU
>decide to wait for polaris
>RX 480 cost 260€
>R9 390 cost 290€
>R9 390X cost 320€

For I have seen, the RX 480 doesn't beat the 390. I don't really know what I should do. The difference in price isn't big in the end. What's the point of the RX 480 ? power efficiency ? I thought it was meant to replace the R9 380 which costed 200€
>>
File: 27.jpg (198 KB, 1200x776) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
198 KB, 1200x776
When I use ffmpeg the progress comes out like this

frame=  300 fps=214 q=0.0 size=     271kB time=00:00:10.00 bitrate= 221.9kbits/s speed=7.13x

is there any way to remove some of those stats? or display it in more user friendly way ?
>>
>>55421770
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lake_of_Rage
>>
>>55426713
you have to understand amd if you're going for one of their cards, theirs are an investment. their performance increases the longer you have it essentially, this has always been the case as driver support improves. if the rx 480 can beat the 390 now in many titles and only lose in a few, you can be sure it will be much better later

Also, way more performance/watt.
>>
>>55426729
Huh?
But why?

If you don't want to see the progress of your encode just don't look at it
>>
>>55426566
faggit
>>
>>55426775
I want to have progression bar, so I can pipe it to notify
>>
>>55423682
closer to a pea size
>>
I need to create a bootable USB drive with Ubuntu on it. I have no idea how to do this. Is it even possible? It's Ubuntu 16.04 and my USB is a 32 Gb drive. I will be using it while on business as a travel software.
>>
>>55426713
1. rx480 does beat 390 comfortably in 90% of the reviews
2. 390 power consumption is nearing 300W, rx480 is around 160W

what you should do is wait for 7th july for gtx1060 to be announced
week after that sales should commence
at 22th july non reference versions of rx480 should be available
so early next month you should have all the options to choose from
>>
>>55426729
use
-progress file
and read from that
>>
>>55426851
>average /g/ poster cant fucking google
for fucks sakes

>windows
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

>loonix
you wouldnt be asking if you were on loonix so im not even going to bother
>>
>>55426851
http://www.linuxliveusb.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1RP-MNNzLY
>>
Upgraded my pirated win 7 to win 10(pro)
1) what are those settings which i need to disable to stop ms from sharing every step
2) if i connect my main hotmail id with my pirated os, then can i buy games by changing region to russia or some place where games are cheaper
>>
>>55420104

have windows 2008 r2 server,

backed it up with windows server backup started passing with exceptions. After many chkdsk /r 's it finally came up with an error saying the final 4096 bytes of space are unreadable, and thats why backups are failing.

It's a VM. How do I fix it?
>>
File: cup-broken.jpg (43 KB, 512x290) Image search: [Google]
cup-broken.jpg
43 KB, 512x290
ffmpeg question
got hannibal series torrented, mkv, english subtitles integrated
I am not native english speaker so I use the subtitles
problem is they are bit fuck up and I can fix them

I extracted the subtitled using

>ffmpeg -i S01E01.mkv -map 0:s:0 eng_subs.srt

I fix them

but now I need to remove the subtitles in that mkv, and add fixed ones
did not have much luck googling this out
>>
File: 1437196227447.png (150 KB, 515x597) Image search: [Google]
1437196227447.png
150 KB, 515x597
help

>Setup has recognized a problem during the process.
>>
>>55427027
Ah, so you don't know how to read? ok I'll help man!

Apparently you ran out of memory
>>
File: 1438267375420.png (299 KB, 1027x593) Image search: [Google]
1438267375420.png
299 KB, 1027x593
>>55427047
>>
Is Local Time supposed to be different from Universal Time on my Debian system?
>>
Weird question here

There's this bitch that keeps playing candy crush on a PC with windows 10 all the time and is not doing her job. Is it possible to lock access to a windows 10 app specifically?
>>
File: hannibal.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
hannibal.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1200
>>55426957
OK googled it out once I dropped ffmpeg
theres mkvtoolnix tool with gui, was simple to remove, and then add fixed
>>
File: 1-tc7200-20.jpg (63 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1-tc7200-20.jpg
63 KB, 600x400
/g/ I need your help.

Today I got an upgrade in internet speed and the people from the ISP came over to change the modem for a newer one, which has wireless built-in, effectively killing the need for a router.
The guy configuring it asked me what to call the network and the password for wifi. The password was so simple I thought he couldn't fuck it up so I didn't bother to try it, but then after they left I go and reconfigure my devices only to find out he didn't set it as I told him and I can't connect jack shit.
So I try going into the router settings, look up the ip needed to access it (192.168.0.1), but it can't connect to it, gets stuck loading for minutes and times out. Next I try using my own default gateway ip, which does connect, but it asks for username and password.
Everything on the web tells me it's a combination of "admin" on both, on one or the other or both blank, but none of them work.
After getting fed up I factory reset the modem to start from zero, and not one of those things work anyway.
Now the network shows up on my phone with the default name but the button to connect is grayed out so I can't even try that.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Pic is modem, Technicolor 7200.20.
>>
>>55427092
Try deleting everything related to Visual Studio, clean your registry, and try again

Check this thread out, read the last post by the Al Testani guy:
http://answers.flyppdevportal.com/MVC/Post/Thread/a8c09bf0-9b82-416e-90f8-05f3d5cdb90a?category=vssetup
>>
>>55427140
it's 192.168.1.1 dipshit
>>
>>55427146
Thanks
>>
what is the fastest stock lga775 cpu? need it for an old dell optiplex 760 i'm going to use as a server
>>
Can someone give me download link for this book
http://www.stroustrup.com/4th.html
>>
>>55427180
like buying a new one just because you have old PC? What happened to the one alrady in it? And why fastest? Fastest would be the most expensive
what will be the servers function?
>>
>>55427152
OMG if that was his problem I'm gonna lol for a year
>>
I'm not really sure where else to go for help at this point, so I'm going to ask for help here. If you guys can't help, I understand.
I just bought a new headset today - Logitech H600 wireless - and I followed the instructions by charging the headset and then plugging in the wireless adapter. I turned on the headset, and my computer acted as if it was not connected. I tried to pair the headset and the wireless adapter twice, I have restarted my computer twice, and I'm not sure what I can do to fix this. Is there any solution? If you read this whole thing, thank you for at least trying to help a guy out.
>>
File: manual.jpg (49 KB, 681x142) Image search: [Google]
manual.jpg
49 KB, 681x142
>>55427152
The manual is telling me this though. 192.168.1.1 times out exactly the same anyway, honey.

>>55427277
Sorry to ruin your giggles.
>>
I know this isn't tech related at all but I'm literally too stupid to google this since I have no idea what this --> "(" <-- is called in English.

What does (((this meme))) mean? I've seen it on some posts but I couldn't figure it out
>>
what cpu should i get with a r9 380

i was thinking either a 8320 or i3 6100
>>
>>55427374
muster few more $ for haswell i5, even if lowest one
>>
>>55427361
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracket
>>
>>55427140
What do you mean by "using my own default gateway ip", and what does it say at the top when prompting you for your username and password. Are you able to acess this prompt and internet from a wired pc. Also you have looked at all the shit on the bottom of your modem, right? And just to make sure, your old 3rd party router is completely disconnected and unplugged?
>>
File: ebpCg0c.png (118 KB, 801x853) Image search: [Google]
ebpCg0c.png
118 KB, 801x853
>>55427361
>>
>>55427266
let me rephrase that, i already have this server running. it runs ubuntu server and i use it as a plex server, file server, seed box, and whatever else i need in the future. it has a core2duo e8400 which gets maxed out if something needs to be transcoded and i doubt it'd be able to handle 2 streams that need transcoding (although i haven't tested that yet).

i saw the core2 extreme QX6850 on ebay for only 50 bucks and it has twice the passmark score but i wasn't sure if there was something better
>>
So, what's the best replacement for the horrid Windows default image viewer?
>>
>>55427408
I doubt you get much more out of it
also why in the holly fuck do you need transcoding on the fly?
>>
>>55427412
xnview or irfranview
>>
>>55427387
>>55427394
thx bois I found the (((parenthesis meme)))
>>
>>55427412
>>55427439

XNview, cause it doesn't play half half your gifs at shitty quarter speed. Ifranview tries to follow the official gif standard even though nobody actually encodes them that way
>>
>>55427439
>>55427494
Does XNview allow browsing next pictures with arrow keys?
>>
>>55427374
Assuming you already HAVE a 380, and aren't trying to make the poor decision of upgrading to one, go with the i3, or better yet an i5. Processors and mb last way longer than graphics card, so if you shell out a little more now you should be happy for years
>>
>>55427519
yes
>>
>>55427519
Oh god no. You have to type in "next please" and then wait while and advertisement displays
>>
>>55427294
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/wireless-headset-h600

Download headset pairing utility
>>
File: this famalam.jpg (17 KB, 353x260) Image search: [Google]
this famalam.jpg
17 KB, 353x260
>>55427389
Many results talked about using cmd to test your modem's ip address in case the default one didn't work. So typing ipconfig in a command window spits your ip.

It says this. Nothing too fancy but no default password seems to work. And from what I can tell this is entirely different to the page 192.168.0.1 should send me to.

I am on my PC right now. The wired internet itself is working fine, but I can't change the wireless password because the config page times out.

Well fuck me, apparently on its bottom there's a sticker. Apparently it's a TC7300.d1E model, if that makes any difference. And what do you know, it also has an SSID and a password. Too bad no combination of them work.

Old router is laying on my table completely unplugged as of now.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-05_13-40-50.png (200 KB, 899x557) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-05_13-40-50.png
200 KB, 899x557
>>55427422
i only notice it transcoding when streaming x265 shit or when people start watching movies in a web browser. pic related is with one x265 movie streaming. the qx6850 seems like it'd do fine since it's twice as powerful but these processors are so cheap i figured i might as well buy the best one
>>
>>55427520
>>55427380

thanks my niggas
>>
Did Google remove Miracast support from Android to sell Chrome Cast devices?
>>
Got a Chromebook.
Didn't research. Didn't realize that Google hates freedom and doesn't want me to install something else on it.
It's the Asus C300; I've already removed the write-protect screw and put it in dev mode. I've got the script up now and it's asking me to choose between RW_LEGACY and BOOT_STUB.

Before I continue, I want to check if anyone is around to verify that I'm not about to destroy my shit. Will overwriting BOOT_STUB allow me to boot (and install) from USB?
>>
>>55427631
When I asked about your default gateway ip, I was trying to make sure you hadn't messed with your ipv4 settings under local connection (which should all be blank).

For administration you should definitely be trying to reach 192.168.0.1, even if your browser is trying to redirect you. Have you tried password 4135279? If that doesn't work, I would try a 30-30-30 reset, where you hold the reset button on your modem down for 30 seconds, unplug the power for 30 seconds while still holding it down, then plug it back in for 30 seconds before finally releasing the reset button
>>
>>55427946
if it's supports a custom bios there shouldn't be any issues
>>
File: TC72001.jpg (10 KB, 510x226) Image search: [Google]
TC72001.jpg
10 KB, 510x226
>>55427952
That's the thing, it's not even trying to redirect me. It just tries to connect for several minutes until it eventually times out. It should take me to this page. It doesn't.

192.168.1.254 takes me to previous pic.
192.168.0.1 should take me to this pic, but doesn't ever connect.

If you mean just trying that password without a username, then it doesn't work. Otherwise I don't know what to pair it with.
At this point I'm about to call back my ISP and just take the shame. It's technically my fault for not testing the password before the guy left, but c'mon it was an easy fuckin password. I didn't think it could possibly go wrong.
>>
does desu auto-correct to desu, or am i delusional, this is a test.
>>
/g/
Here is a screencap from Cthulhu Realms. Why is this happening?

This game is really fun and I can only get it to work on Android. Yes, it's worth playing as a mobile game, pls halp me /g/ for I am dumb.

oh and 1 other question:

I was thinking of fucking around with my 2nd wifi settings, how do I setup a login in page or something? You know when you goto like any biz and they make you "accept the terms and conditions" blah blah blah, I wanna do something like that to be an ass for no reason. What do?

>>55427946
I will be quiet honest, google
"How to install Ubuntu on a chrome book" and you will find shit loads of videos on this subject.
GL
>>
>>55428304
lmao it does, thanks /g/
>>
>>55428304
its desu t b h
>>
>>55428188
Username admin, password 4135279. The 30-30-30 would remove any weird setting somebody might have put on your modem. But there's nothing wrong with calling the company. Maybe they put some kind of custom firmware on there, and maybe you'll learn something
>>
>>55428309
That's how I got where I am; although most of the Ubuntu ones I saw were for a psuedo-installation (ChromeOS still there, whereas I'm trying to get rid of the damn thing).
I was hoping someone who had done it before would be lurking and could confirm/deny that this is the last bit and I'm not going to accidentally put myself in technological purgatory.

>>55428182

Thank you to both of you.
>>
How would I go about changing the CSS on Youtube to pic related? Here's the code someone linked to on the Desktop Thread in /wg/

http://pastebin.com/p0jdNgMi
>>
Anyone recommend a good wifi adapter that gets strong signal for cheap? USB please.
>>
>>55428309
Don't post completely unrelated questions in the same post. Your wifi abilities will depend on your router. Look up the manual for your model
>>
File: 1442715869440.jpg (92 KB, 500x687) Image search: [Google]
1442715869440.jpg
92 KB, 500x687
>>55428343
Call me a pussy but I'd rather not try 30-30-30. It looked like the modem came new in the box anyway so I think I can scratch out shady tampering of it.
Also, I saw the guy used mainly a tablet and calling another guy to set it up. It could potentially be related. It didn't occur to me on the spot to ask how to change the password later if I happened to need to. Guess this is what I get for being retarded.
>>
>>55426908
Didn't understand the last bit about the VM.
How does it work?
Doesn't installing the ISO mess with file system of the USB flash?
>>
>>55428483
I think he just demo it for easier demostration
also the ability to start the system on the usb in virtualbox which is nice
>>
My LGG4 died and im looking for a new phone. I'm on Verizon so the OnePlus 3 isnt an option so I'm torn between the s7, the s7 edge, or the moto x pure. I read that the s7 had battery issues and the s7 edge is expensive. Anyone have experience with the moto x?
>>
What's a small accessory that I can buy? I need 5 more dollars worth of stuff to get an "add-on" cable shipped on amazon
>>
>>55427192
http://libgen.io/get.php?md5=C7EAD738B08913984E424BEF03FCAB0C&key=VZPLMM9VMW5ZWVMB
>>
>>55428546
Thanks Anon, you are a life saver
>>
>>55428454
It's not some vodoo that's gonna do crazy ass shit to your modem. It's just a good way to make sure you're actually doing a hard reset, which is just a simple settings wipe and a cache reload. Worst case it removes some login password that the company put on it, and your call to them ends up lasting an extra 30 seconds. And even that is unlikely since you're not using DSL
>>
>>55428311

Power off the device.
Next hold and press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button until you see menu.
In this menu choose option Recovery using Volume Down to navigate, and Volume Up.
* If Volume Up doesn't work, then use Power button to select.
Now you will see yellow triangle and Android logo.
Then press Volume Down + Volume Up to see menu.
Please use Volume buttons to browse option "wipe data / factory reset", and confirm that using Power button.
Select option "Yes -- delete all user data".
After that accept "reboot system now".
>>
All right so I bought a laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10

How do I downgrade it to 7?
I remember reading something about it being a hassle with drivers to go from 10 to 7 and there's hardly any documentation on how to do it
>>
>>55426957
You should have done something like
ffmpeg -i input.mkv \
-map 0:v -c copy \
-map 0:a:0 -c copy \
-map 0:s -c copy subtitles.ass \
output.mkv
>>
Why do we have multiple programming languages,i mean as long as i know i can create the same program in python or in C,why we dont have one "Superlanguage" that can be applied to most of the uses?
>>
>>55428656
Might not be a good idea.
You would have better chances installing W8.1 because UEFI and drivers.
>>
>>55428391
I don't think you will be able to cause I believe a Chrome book is like completely flash mem meaning you have to hack he bios if I remember right to get rid of Chrome OS

>>55428421
>don't post 2 different questions
Since when is this a an unwritten rule? I've seen it all the time.

>>55428533
whatre your options?
>>
>>55428683
"NO! I DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU ARE DOING! IM GOING TO DO IT IN MY OWN WAY!! STOP MAKING ME DO THINGS I DON'T LIKE!!"
That... It's basically 1 guy crying that he has to do it different. Like making a kid write a paper on dinos when he wants to write about Pokemon and the teacher says "if that makes you happy. do it."
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.