[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>decide to try ganulinax >try installing xubuntu >gives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 408x439
>decide to try ganulinax
>try installing xubuntu
>gives me links to read while installing the os
>surf on the net for a couple of minutes on firefox
>press alt f4 to close the window
>cancels the installation completely and gives me a black screen
>>
>>55414613
git good
>>
>>55414613
>image.jpg
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 450x234) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 450x234
>>55414740
i will
>>55414750
love my iphone 5
>>
>>55414613
Nice blog retard.
>>
>>55415036
why thank you
>>
>try out ubantu
>easy to use
>good support
>open 15 tabs in chromium
>chromium looks black and white
>can't move mouse
>hold on/off for 5 sec
>boots into busybox / initramfs error
>check online: 'bad superblock'
>do everything they say, live USB, change shit, check stuff, recover stuff, ... doesn't work
Linux is not and has never been ready for the end user. if you don't dual boot windows you're just waiting for shit to go wrong. after all those years, Belgium English Ubuntu still starts out with German dates. after all those years, coming out of suspend still fucks up the WiFi connections list. after all those years, window snap to a corner is still impossible. after all those years, super+arrow is still not enough to snap a window, you need Ctrl too by default. after all those years, unity still doesn't allow window buttons in top right corner.
yes this is Ubuntu. yes this is unity. it is being 'sold' as thé go to distro. mint has half of these problems too, and many more. Linux sucks and is 85% timesink os. wish the windows 10 upgrade hadn't forced my hand. if only I could kill myself, but I'm still trying to find a way to enable NumLock on startup which doesn't require writing programs yourself. and yes editing rc.local is writing programs, and no even that doesn't work, noe I just get a message of display not found in rc.local before boot. at least that gets ignored after a second. so apparently the bug doesn't really matter.
>>
>>55414613
>Install debian
>Dual booting with windows 8
>Switch from DVi to HDMI
>Now can't use 1080p because resolution isn't supported
>Switch to proprietary drivers, nothing but black screen on boot

It was a nice time while it lasted though, I had a okay rice going on and I was using it a lot more than windows.
>>
>use operating system made by people who want to make Linux for idiots
>surprised when the developers are idiots
>>
File: 1442958662206.png (2 MB, 1000x967) Image search: [Google]
1442958662206.png
2 MB, 1000x967
>>55415536
ok
>>
>>55415536
How is it even possible to fuck it up that bad. Jesus.
>>
>>55415536
>Have 18 tabs open in linux mint currently
>You're telling me that 15 doesn't work
>Everything working fine
>Only been on linux for 2 week because i'm sick of windows 10 crashing
Is it really THAT hard to learn something like linux? Maybe you people are mentally retarded or something.
>>
Why not do a net install? Did it yesterday and after installing xorg and open box it just works
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.