[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All right /g/entoomen you keep saying the raspberry pi is a meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: little_pi.png (216 KB, 407x370) Image search: [Google]
little_pi.png
216 KB, 407x370
All right /g/entoomen you keep saying the raspberry pi is a meme so put your money where your mouth is and lets see some alternatives
>>
It's not a meme if you actually have a use for it, and don't just use it as a means to shitpost on various sites, asking people what you should do with your own device.
>>
>>55413989
The ODroid-C2 and the BeagleBones are good alternatives
BeagleBones come with an ADC, unlike the Raspberry
>>
>>55413989
An alternative is a vm
>>
>>55414029
This.

HOWEVER, If you want alternatives you can typically look to other, third-party, Pies like the Banana or Orange pies.

Beware, though, that the support (and subsequently documentation) are really not as good as the raspberry, but it's getting better with time.
>>
>>55413989
the CHIP looks promising
>>
>>55414053
Did the memory for Odroid finally get cheaper? 16GB was like €80 when I had to use an ODroid. The XU is pretty cool but the fan kinda beats the purpose of these kind of boards.

>>55413989
Protip: there is a wikipedia page for this
>>
>>55414147
seems more useful just for headless stuff though
>>
>>55414029
>and don't just use it as a means to shitpost on various sites
I use mine every day to shitpost on /g/
>>
>>55413989
I use mine as a solar powered SFTP/mumble server
>>
>>55414147
>Allwinner
Disgusting.
Seems you enjoy chinese documentation that lacks all the essentials?
>>
>>55413989
stick it up your as
>>
>>55415101
you'd want the zero for that

there are also sbcs in dimm format, which would probably the best, they're expensive though
>>
>>55413989
Orange pi pc plus
>>
Until I can watch 10bit anime on any Pi then it's not worth it
>>
>>55415798
why don't you wait for decent 10bit rips instead?
>>
>>55415847
Waiting is painful
>>
>>55414113
Banana is dead, LeMaker is dropping support. Next purchase will be a pine or an odroid, 2GB of ram is so needed.
>>
>>55414053
>ODroid-C2
Why? The C2 requires blobs to boot just like the Raspberry Pi.
>>
Do you think I could recycle the motherboard of this laptop and use it to make a seedbox? It would be like a Raspberry Pi but 10 times better.

http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-g42-283la-14-athlon-ii-p340-windows-7-home-basic-2-gb-ram-500-gb-hdd/specs/
>>
>>55417692
It seems like too much work to be honest, laptop motherboards aren't exactly good anyways.
>>
>>55414029
>It's not a meme if you actually have a use for it

This pretty much sums it up
If you have the knowledge and have a purpose for it then its wonderful
Otherwise, and if you just want it for emulators or as a cheap computer you'd be better off by getting an android stick or something
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.