[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What overkill specs on smartphones are we going to see during
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Xiaomi-Mi-5.jpg (233 KB, 1443x793) Image search: [Google]
Xiaomi-Mi-5.jpg
233 KB, 1443x793
What overkill specs on smartphones are we going to see during these upcoming spec-competition years?

My guess for 2017:
>10GB RAM
>4K screens becoming the flagship standard
>USB-C with rapid charging features everywhere
>designers finally getting it and start focusing on the battery scene with enormous 7000-12000mAh batteries
>>
Expect 4440p screens which no one ever wants but will fawn over
>>
>4k
what's the point?

I know /g/ has been shitting over the retina meme when it came out, and this was bullshit, but I honestly can't tell the difference between 300ppi and 500ppi. I CAN tell the difference between 100ppi and 200ppi and even between 200ppi and 300ppi but then it gets to a point where you simply CAN'T see any pixels anymore, no matter how hard you try.

seems like a waste of battery life
>>
>>55413913
>10 GB ram
No reason to think this. Maybe 6 will happen in 2017.
>>
>>55414102
6 is already happening
>>
>>55413913
They should stop worrying about screen resolution so much and just make a cellphone with overkill hardware specs, overkill battery, and reasonable ppi. It'd be smooth and durable as fuck.
>>
>>55414102
The Zenfone 3 already has 6GB.
>>
>>55414086
This x10.
Batteries have started to decrease in capacity for some reason. The only phones with a large battery seem to be Chinese ones, like cubot. But batteries will definitely become stronger in a few years, once they start making carbon batteries for mobile phones.
Probably closer to 8GB RAM instead of 10, there's no point in having 8GB RAM even on an everyday desktop pc.
>>
>>55414102
im pretty sure we'll see the first 8gb smartphones by the end of this year so 10 gb in 2017 wouldnt surprise me. android will still lag and be outperformed by ios tough
>>
>>55414086
marketing of course
>>
>>55413913
>dual lens camera for flagships
>snapdragon building 10nm octacore SoC
>12 gb ram by the end of the year
>still outperformed by 2gb iphones

Mark my words
>>
>>55414493
And ios will still be unusable 10 years from now.
>>
>>55414086
VR. Your smartphone will eventually replace the $600 dedicated VR rig.
>>
>ever bigger phones
>ever higher resolution displays
>ever more energy hungry processors

>ever smaller batteries - 3000, then 2900, 2800, 2700, 2600. soon we'll be back to sub-2000mah batteries as standard...
>>
>>55414102
Asus, Oneplus, ZTE, Vernee etc. already have 6GB phones.
>>
>>55414878
how big are we talking about here ? 8" screens ?

7" screens ?
>>
>>55414086
Seems like some shit a macfag says when he finds out Retina means low resolution.
>>
4K screens
GPUs struggling to push those 4K screens
Everyone whining about how great performance would still be if they had only stuck with 2560x1440 screens
6GB of RAM
128GB and 256GB eMMC/UFS packages slowly becoming mainstream, putting an end to 8GB and 16GB entry level smart phones
Cameras with better optics, dual cameras, real optical zoom, high G image stabilization
Eye movement recognition. Scroll web pages with your eyes, type with your eyes, etc
Batteries probably still typical li-on and li-po compositions hovering around 2500-3200mah
Faster charging, more wireless charging
>>
>>55414593
This. Just get them to recognise the light house sensors and have screens that refresh at >75hz and we're golden. Smart phone gpu have been good enough for his res 3d since snap dragon 805, having a 3d space to walk around in is key for vr
>>
>>55413913
holy hell xiaomi blatantly steals designs
>>
>>55416523
Chinks don't have to worry about stealing designs from American, Korean, or companies from any other country. They do the exact same thing with cars.
>>
>>55413913

Well pushing the 4k meme and shit..

What I want:

>1080/1440p Screens
>better batteries 4000mah+
>4,7 inch to 5 inch smartphones
>better ram management on android
>remove all the fucking bloatware from android smartphones
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.