[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Predictions for the future of technology. >TB micro sd cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: ai.jpg (913 KB, 1180x842) Image search: [Google]
ai.jpg
913 KB, 1180x842
Predictions for the future of technology.

>TB micro sd cards
>Multi TB SSD's
>Android will be dead due to too much fragmentation
>Apple stop making computers and become a cell phone company
>The thinshit non-removable battery meme will collapse
>Pay TV will collapse
>Most everyone will have access to Fiber
>Employers will require facebook verifcation for employment
>IoT meme collapses
>Amazon collapses due to high shipping fees
>Manufacturing automation becomes illegal due to creating high unemployment levels and high crime rates
>The electric car and selfdriving car memes collapse
>Tesla is bankrupt
>>
>>55412372

> muh more transistors

Very insightful prediction. Thanks for posting it.

Also, if you had any idea how good RF shit was getting you wouldn't call IoT a meme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huktiKNSyKA
>>
>>55412580
I don't need a smartphone app to flush my toilet remotely and neither does anyone else.
>>
>>55412372
> The thinshit non-removable battery meme will collapse
This is more of a hope. Realistically normies dont give a shit about this sort of thing, so it will probably stay and get even more common
>>
>>55412613

Are you dense enough to think the internet of things is just home automation?

>>55412679

Probably as batteries get better electical characteristics over time, they wont be needed
>>
>>55412740
I don't need to know the status of my ice machine and my refrigerator doesn't need to use twitter and facebook.
>>
>>55412372
This is the future we choose:

Due to the fact that everyone is archiving stuff online and buying phones with high-end processors and RAM capacity the Computer market will fade down. High and CPUs are discontinued and no more producted. New Xeon CPUs with hardcoded backdoors and OS-locked(windows). Powerfull servers are built and form them you can have access to your stuff. People start using them because they are here. More information are controlled by "them". Big agencies make alleances and share their user's information. The users starts to defend them because they do so much for them.

>Privacy is no more a thing
>No more facebook, twitter, Amazon, google, microsoft
>Only a big one coproration that controls everything
>>
>>55412909

Agencies who made alleances starts merging. It will be a big surprise when Micorsoft buys Apple. Intel is bought by Amazon and AMD by Alphabet and Google. Some times later Microsoft and Google merge together. Amazon will eventually fail and bought by Microsoft/Google. Every thing is controlled. Phones are everythings producted by now.

Form this time GNU/Linux is dead because Stallman and Torvalds are killed and the internal fight for SJW destroy what's left. Now internal memory is no more for single users. Seagate and WD merge with Samsung to make 1mtx1mt SSD hyper resistent. Now you had to cloud.

>The cloud will be for everything
>No more processors
>No more HDDs or SSD
>No more GPUs
>Only terminal to Online Cloud-computing

>No more phone
>Only terminal to Online-GameStore

>No more TVs
>Only terminal to Online-Entrateinment

>All this terminal will be only one terminal connected to your VR-terminal
>FB, Twitter will be necessary to connecto to your terminal

To connect you need to prove your ID but how? In all this time the so called "Social network" has collected so much information that Micorsoft/Google bought it. Because Zuckemberg bought Twitter, Tumblr is dead and so 4chan. Now the government has you to make an FB account to identify yourself. This big corporation can have influence on people decision an government.

>No more coding
>everything we need will be only setting some shitting preference
Because why leave this option to people? people doesn't need to code. machine can do it. Soon no one knows how that machine works soon they will adore computers like old idol or gods.

>Has right to live and death on people.
>No more country
>No more race
>No more gender

>And suddently no people.

Goodbye
>>
File: 1410970252271.jpg (10 KB, 236x294) Image search: [Google]
1410970252271.jpg
10 KB, 236x294
>>55412372
>>Apple stop making computers and become a cell phone company
>thinking "cell phones" aren't computers
>>
>>55412921
im surprised you havent killed yourself already
>>
File: Botnet.png (144 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Botnet.png
144 KB, 800x600
>>55412921
>>
>>55412765

What part of "outside of home automation" confused you?
>>
>Botnet of things
>You are tracked by Google, Facebook, Microsoft and NSA 24/7
>Even when you aren't using a computer because everything is a computer
>Yes, that includes your dirty socks and empty Mountain Dew can
>Even your body is full of implants that track you even though it might not be their primary purpose
>>
>>55412909
I wouldn't say that, PC gaming is growing, it won't die anytime soon.
>>
>>55413296
ok give me some examples of IOT outside the home.
>>
>>55412921
>No more processors
>Only terminal
Bruh, a terminal is just a weak computer connected to a network. It has to have a processor.
>>
>>55412372
>The future will adhere to all the things that i think are important in my autistic view of technology
>>
>Moore's law ends with 5nm transistors in 2025
>>
>>55412765
Improvements in farming alone is enough to justify it. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>55414182
>2026: we drop silicon
>>
>>55412372
>Multi TB SSD's

Already exist.

>Android will be dead due to too much fragmentation

Unless someone fills in the low end with something else this won't happen.

>The thinshit non-removable battery meme will collapse

Normies don't care so this isn't changing.

>Most everyone will have access to Fiber

Given US infrastructure this isn't happening.

>Amazon collapses due to high shipping fees

They're already testing their own shipping service in Seattle.

>Manufacturing automation becomes illegal due to creating high unemployment levels and high crime rates

lolwut

>The electric car and selfdriving car memes collapse

Oh god, I hope not. We need safer cars. You increase safety by removing the driver from the picture.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.