[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does any of your technology stuff ever break? Some of my friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: file.jpg (34 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
34 KB, 600x300
Does any of your technology stuff ever break? Some of my friends often report that their shit that isn't even very old broke like "my hard drive broke", "my laptop broke", "my car broke down"

A lot of my stuff is 7+ years old, literally nothing broke, ever. Motherboard, CPU, Laptop, all fine.

Sometimes I'd actually like stuff to break just so that I can justify finally buying something new. I'm not even super careful with handling it.

Did I just have luck or do people not know how to handle their stuff?
>>
My night light gave up a few nights ago.
>>
>>55412197
>Did I just have luck or do people not know how to handle their stuff?

A combination of both. Same situation here, desu.
>>
>>55412197
I'm experiencing my first failing component in ~10 years, my power supply seems to be going since I'm getting random complete power losses to my computer that is on a battery backup with no information available in the logs.
>>
>>55412197
My Gigabyte motherboard is having an issue where is will ocassionally freeze at the bios spash screen and I can't do shit. I don't know whats wrong with it. Tried taking out smos battery and leaving it unplugged for days. Does jack shit. Hit reset pins... It randomly fixes itself sometimes.

It is going to dies isn't it?
>>
Have you ever left your house in your life OP?

People turn into retards when they own technology, they are like toddlers with toys

>dropping phones
>dropping laptops
>hitting the pc to make it run faster
>THE INTERNET IS BROKEN
>how did I get this google chrome virus
>facebook
>>
>>55412197

>Sometimes I'd actually like stuff to break just so that I can justify finally buying something new

as long as you aren't too poor, just get a new one and give the old one away or sell it as long as it's not too fucked up or anything. people are retards with their tech and don't do research into buying a durable product.
>>
>>55412197
I'm in the same boat, last time I actually had component failure it's because I used a HDD every day for 4 years straight, 16 hrs a day. And in that case, I expected it to die .. and it did. After I stopped using it reguarly.
>>
>>55412601
Basically this. Technology is treated like complete trash by almost everyone.
>>
>>55412558
Pretty sure I had an issue like this and it turned out to be a faulty sata cable.
>>
>>55412197
Not often, no. If treated properly, 90% of consumer electronics will survive 10+ years, and a solid amount will last 15, 20, or even more than 30 years. There's still plenty of Atari 2600s and Commodore 64s floating around that work fine, as well as NESes (which are now 30+ years old).

The only real threat is electronic components failing due to lifespan, especially in the case of capacitors.
>>
>>55412558
Same thing happened here dude. I don't know what the fuck happened, but it was the day after I flipped on 'fastboot'. I just left that shit disabled for now.
>>
>>55412197
Everything except Graphics Card.

Fucking graphics cards.

Bought an XFX 6950, died within a year due to faulty VRAM
Bought a Sapphire 7870, crashed all the time within half a year

But both of them weren't my fault because I actually got the money back for them under warranty (retailer couldn't replace it because they weren't manufactured anymore - go figure - and instead of shipping a refurbished POS, retailbro just refunded the money, I guess that's why they went bankrupt, because they literally did lmao).
I always used the money to step up one step. So basically for the price of a 6950 + 50-ish $ I got a 7970.

Now I have a Gigabyte 7970 for 3 years. It hasn't outright BROKEN, but it still crashes every now and then, and the fan makes a really weird noise.

Graphics cards are just fragile pieces of shits.
>>
I can remember all the tech that has broken for no reason on me. This covers the last 5 years or so.
>Thermaltake mouse that stopped connecting
>Logitech mouse that stops working after a few hours
>Corsair power supply that turns off under load
>Went through 5 pairs of Sennheiser S2 headphones (only bought 1, they were under warranty)
>Wacom tablet broke after a few hours of use
>4GB ram stick failed after a couple of years
>6950 died after about 2 years of use, no overclocking
>500GB Seagate drive failed
>Current HDD has bad sectors

I tend to buy the cheapest I can find, so its not really surprising.
>>
Companies design their products to break, so you buy new ones.
>>
>>55413215
i finally experienced this last year when new drivers bricked my gtx460
>>
Nope I have various gadgets and gizmos and the only stuff that ever breaks or malfunctions is the cheap Chink shit, for obvious reasons.

I even have a Razer DeathAdder which supposedly all start breaking after 6 months if you believe the internet. Still just werks. Probably manchildren throwing the mouse when they lose their latest CSGO match.
>>
>>55412197
Laptop and phone batteries
Some of my hard drives.
Thankfully the only dead GPU I've ever had was the 8600m on my 2007 MacBook Pro.
>>
>>55412197
Same situation here.
>>
I had one hdd that was dead on arrival, one hdd that died after a few years, and two sticks of ram that broke at separate times. I broke one laptop screen when I fell asleep with it in my bed and I broke another when I thought that there was enough room in a pick up truck behind the seat to not press on it. So basically keep your laptop screens away from me and everything else will not be my fault.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.