[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: virus.jpg (47 KB, 1200x794) Image search: [Google]
virus.jpg
47 KB, 1200x794
Ok, /g/ I'm uninstalling my antivirus. How can I survive without it? Currently using Windows 7.
>>
>>55409239
install gentoo
>>
>>55409239
by not doing dumb stuff
>>
>>55409260
Hint: I don't want to install linux.
>>
>>55409239
common sense
>>
>>55409239
install gentoo

>>55409282
you don't have to since gentoo is not linux
>>
>>55409239
While a legacy feature, CommonSense works surprisingly well.
>>
>>55409333
Ok, I want to keep Windows.
>>
>>55409239
Either never connect to the internet. Or re-install anti-virus software. You should have the spare computing power.
>>
Is almost everyone on this board semi retarded?
>>
>>55409352
Windows has more security holes than refugee boats in the Mediterranean. Good fucking luck, Anon.
>>
>>55409667
Jokes on you, I'm a full blown retard
>>
File: wdytwa.jpg (97 KB, 880x594) Image search: [Google]
wdytwa.jpg
97 KB, 880x594
>>55409667
>>
Always keep up to date windows. Avoid using pirated software. Behave urself. Andddddd never connect to the internet.
>>
File: 1467001832962.jpg (855 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1467001832962.jpg
855 KB, 1366x768
I have never used an antivirus and have never had a virus trojan whatever because I use my brain and don't download things such ass fuckmyshitupplsvirussextape.exe
>>
Common Sense 2017 alpha version.
>>
Malwarebytes.

Anything else is redundant.
>>
I don't even bother installing an anti-virus and I get by just fine.
>>
Don't install any of the service packs. I don't know why but in 3 years i never had a virus this way, windows seems to be more responsive and none of the issues that microsoft claims to happen when you don't install sp's have happened to me, compatibility issues my ass. Also, no annoying forced update to Windows 10.
>>
>>>/sqt/
>>
File: 1467576444649.jpg (74 KB, 1000x488) Image search: [Google]
1467576444649.jpg
74 KB, 1000x488
I laugh at all the idiots who think they never had an infection when they never used antivirus.

I would guess they are stupid enough to think viruses are the same as they were10 years ago instead of the shit that wants to remain quiet and unnoticed for as long as possible to do damage.
>>
>>55409239

>use an adblocker
>use private trackers
>don't be a dumbass

oh and microsoft already supplies a free antivirus
>>
>>55411979
they will literally download bitcoin miners with their games and have NO Idea that shit is running
>>
>>55409239
Dont click on thing that you didnt go to the website to click on

Also get some antivirus and turn it off and just scan every few weeks
>>
>>55411979
I use anti-malware and it has never pinged me about malware in the six years I have been using it. If you get any malware you are an idiot.
>>
>>55409239
similarly as with linux only install and run software from trusted sources. On linux for example you have access to a software repository with a lot of programs, on windows i'd recommend to search for a trusted software provider, the ones i know are:
https://chocolatey.org/
https://ninite.com/

The other advice is a bit obvious but avoid piracy unless it's absolutely necessary, check for cheaper or open source alternatives, otherwise pay for your software and you'll be fine.
>>
File: CommonSense2010.jpg (210 KB, 800x924) Image search: [Google]
CommonSense2010.jpg
210 KB, 800x924
>>55409239
I've been using this one for years
>>
>>55412479
You can get infected though piles of ways that require no user input, generally that's the most common way these days. You don't know what you are even talking about.
>>
delete flash
delete java
delete ms office
disable ie
update often
install ublock
install umatrix
>>
>>55412523
the other highly possible vector is though your web browser. Just keep a good control on what code is executed on your computer by third parties, umatrix is a good tool for that:
https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/umatrix/
>>
>>55412546
You can prevent most of those ways by using things like NoScript, RequestPolicy, uMatrix, an adblocker, etc.

You have full control of what runs on your computer, if you let something run that you don't know what it is, it is your fault if it does something detrimental to your system.
>>
>>55409239
>Using an OS that is still the most insecure OS with an antivirus
>WITHOUT an antivirus

kys
>>
>>55409239
common sense. it's legitimately pretty hard to get a virus in current year unless you are retarded
>>55409667
yes
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.