[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /g/, I just installed windows 10 Gimme a list of must have apps.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1462939563843.png (4 MB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
1462939563843.png
4 MB, 2880x1620
So /g/, I just installed windows 10

Gimme a list of must have apps.
>>
>>55407964
Look up the Install Gentoo wiki.
>>
>>55407964
They're called programs, faggot. Don't install apps.

>f.lux (to preference)(most decent monitors will have blue-light options these days)
>Terra Copy
>7zip
>VLC
>avast! or some other free antivirus
>WinDirStat
>Open Hardware Monitor
>CPU-Z and GPU-Z
>GIMP or pirate Photoshop
>MediaMonkey or Foobar2000
>Chromium/Opera/Firecucks
>Don't install Memevaldi
>Edge is fine
>ClassicShell, or stick with vanilla Explorer
>GOG Galaxy
>qBittorent

And find an unbotnet guide if you actually care, enjoy!
>>
msys2
>>
>>55408076
Apps = Applications = Programs
Nigger.
>>
>>55408076
What's so good about teracopy? I like the graph of the vanilla transfer manager
>>
>>55407964
Download a gentoo iso, burn it to CD or copy to flash drive and install that.
>>
>>55408090
'Apps' is the degenerated term for executables.' 'Apps' also seem to be closer to packaged applications, rather than a fully integrated program. 'Apps' is also a marketing buzzword, and 'Apps' on windows often refers to the application type introduced with Windows 8 which until Windows 10 use a different wrapper and runtime environment that delineate them from traditional executables on windows. They run the same today, though Microsoft made them run inside windows again.

Tradition dictates YOU are the nigger, and a summer fag. Please kill yourself or return to your bleak smart-phone existence.
>>
>>55408093
Terracopy has a few more options:

You can preemptively tell the transfer window to /skip/overwrite/rename duplicate files. It handles errors better by doing batch operations rather than one task which will fuck up in the middle and cancel the other half because of one file. You can also get it to checksum the files copied to triple check they went across to the new media without error. You can see an exhaustive list of the files being transfered at the time, and you can tell files that have stopped or error out to try again on a case by case basis. I don't think its quite as fast as explorer, but in most cases, especially for large transfers with numerous files, large files, and files over a network, its a boon to have.

A dialogue pops up whenever you attempt to copy something. It will offer either Terracopy or explorer. Its completely unnecessary, but very nice to have.
>>
>>55408154
Apps = Programs, it's the same thing, grandpa.
>>
>>55408076
This and maybe add rainmeter
>>
>>55407964
>>55408076
>>55408093
>>55408154
>>55408213
>>55408250

kys
>>
Are there any file managers like thunar?
>>
gentoo is a must
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.